Chapter 59

November 15, 2024

"I love you so much, Aqui," he said.

"I love you more, Zeke," I said.

Then I felt his lips on mine. A smile formed on my lips, and I gladly welcomed him inside my mouth when he bit my lower lip.

"Hmhmp!" I unconsciously let out a moan.

"Fuck!" he cursed in between our kisses.

"Z-Zeke... no," I said, whimpering when I felt his warm hands at the back of my neck.

"Why" he asked as he stopped.

"They're outside," I said, panting.

"So?" he asks.

"And I just had a fever. I don't want you to get sick," I added, cupping his cheeks.

"I don't mind being sick," he said, and I frowned.

"What?" I replied, smiling,

"If I get sick, I know you'll be there to take care of me," he said.

"Of course, I'll even cancel all that I'm doing just to take care of you," I said, smiling.

"Even if you didn't do the same," I teasingly added.

"What? I take care of you earlier. Don't you remember?" he said, smirking.

"Huh? No, you don't. I was waiting for you, but you didn't come," I said, pouting.

"Cal said you don't want me to come, but I still did," he said, and I frowned.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"Yeah, I came here earlier to wipe your body, and I also watched you sleep," he said which made me leave my mouth open.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask, and my lips are still parted.

"Well, I'm still a little mad at you earlier, but I can't help but to also worry about you," he said.

"Aish! You should've woken me up," I said, and I gave him a light punch on his chest.

He smiled at me, and he rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you so much, Aqui... even if it hurts," he said which made me stunned.

Fuck! I don't want him to feel this way.

I feel so fucking guilty.

I feel like I hurt him to the core.

I feel like what I did penetrated his soul.

Shit! I know I should be blamed for all of this. I mean, I'm the reason why he is hurting. It's also my fault that I'm feeling hurt because he's hurt.

But I want to know if there is something I can do.

Is there something I can do to ease the pain?

Is there something I can do to help him realize I won't hurt him again?

Is there something I can do to regain his trust in me?

"Zeke," I called him.

"Hmm," he replied.

"What can I do so that it wouldn't hurt?" I pleadingly ask.

He immediately looked at me, and I felt like crying again.

I can't stand to look in his eyes. It tells me how much I hurt him.

"Aqui," he said, cupping my cheeks.

"I don't want to hurt you again," I said, and a tear escaped my eye again.

He immediately wiped it with his finger and gently placed a kiss on my cheeks.