Chapter 144

He always believed that he was the one chasing after him.

But it turned out that for the past ten years, he had been struggling so hard and exhausting every method he could possibly think of, to hold onto him.

He felt that this road truly hasn’t been easy for him.

In his last life, he was really a foolish bastard!

He always felt that he had nothing that he could give him.

But it seemed, in his eyes, he had already done so much.

Although this man has never mentioned anything, he had remembered everything he had done.

It was as though he was holding him preciously in his heart. He could see everything that the world was blind to.

He could not control his tears as they rolled down his cheeks.

The sight of his tears seemed to burn his heart.

Jungkook watched him with heartache.

He sighed. “I prevented you from reading the post precisely because I was afraid you would cry.”

Yet, he had insisted on reading it.

He smiled despite his tears. “My dear, you’re so smart.”

To think he even managed to guess this. “Uuu...” his cries turned louder as he began to sob like a child.

Jungkook's body jerked heavily. His stern features instantly appeared helpless. “Don’t cry...”

What was the right way to comfort a wailing person ?

“Don’t cry!” his sobs were growing even louder.

Hoseok's body had turned swollen due to being stung by bees. Boss has specially granted him a period of leave to heal from his injuries. He had finally recovered fully and was about to step into the villa to report to his employer.

He approached the entrance only to hear taehyung wailing loudly inside the villa.

He recalled the rumour that Boss had recently brought a beautiful man to Jeon Villa and was hiding him away. Could it be that taehyung was thoroughly heartbroken and was about to be forced off his position?

If this had been in the past, hoseok would definitely have set off fireworks to celebrate taehyung's exit.

But taehyung was the one who had begged Boss to keep his little life.

Furthermore, if he was really chased away, he would never be able to find another fiancé as outstanding as his boss. As he thought about it, he could not bear the idea of him leaving.

Jungkook's heart was in shambles at the sight of taehyung in tears. He patted his slender back lightly. “Be good. If you don’t cry, I’ll give you anything that you want.”

As expected, he stopped crying and asked softly. “Can I cancel the week of ‘compensation’ then?”

A hint of frustration flashed past his gaze. However, the sight of his shining eyes and his tears caused the pain in his heart to worsen.

Since he was unwilling, he would give in to him. “Yes.”

Taehyung knew that he had specially taken a week of leave to accompany him. Considering how busy he was, he could not let this go to waste. “No way, I was joking. I’ll give you all the ‘compensation’ and ‘interest’ in the upcoming week!”

In a rare occurrence, the astonishment on jungkook's face could not be concealed. He asked in uncertainty. “Aren’t you unwilling?”

“There’s no way I would be unwilling.” he pouted. “I said that intentionally to tease you.”