𝑖. familiarity

𝓒𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬━━━━ 𝗉𝗍 𝟤.𓇼 ˚₊‧꒰ა ❃ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚𓇼 ❛ 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑦 ❜❜

𝓒𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬
━━━━ 𝗉𝗍 𝟤.
𓇼 ˚₊‧꒰ა ❃ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚𓇼
❛ 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑦 ❜❜

( 𝐔𝐒𝐀, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏 )

HER BLACK HEELS clicked on the floor. Hair curled, a satin white headband, minimum makeup with a red lip, and a polkadot dress that was black and white. Vivian, had to dress up as if she was in the '40s, to make sure if the man who had just previously been out of ice, wouldn't fear and immediately go into cardiac arrest.

Vivian was desperate to find something to ground her after everything she did the past years. Simply...traumatic if she had anything to say, but 'feelings' are just another way to show you're weak, touchable, and not worthy of whatever it is she should be of.

Something she's been told too many times in her lifetime. She just needed a breather; something to connect her with humanity again, even after so long.

She had just seen the nurse usually taking care of him to have left and switched shifts, the new receptionist ringing in another to get another nurse to give the needed attention to their patient. It was like clockwork. After their usual nurses, the residents take over after their shift is over. A new one, every time; meaning not one will remember her face.

"Name?" The young girl behind the desk glanced her over, a slightly surprised expression, but gave Vivian a smile, nonetheless.

"Natasha. Natasha Romanoff," The name felt like it had made a shock all throughout her body. It felt as though her body just knew it was a familiar name, even after all this time. Vivian spoke kindly, unsure as to why that named seemed so important.

Let's backtrack.

Vivian has been stuck in what she calls the Hellhole cage for the past two years. She needed to escape every once in a while. She could, she always could, but she feared the consequences of doing so. This time, she had a mission to accomplish, anyway. This was part of it. She took it as though it was a personal visit, instead of doing all the things she was ordered to do.

This way, her punishment would be lighter. She could end them, in a mere second, and they knew that. So, they had managed to make these cuffs along with a machine designed specifically for her when she disappointed. It would only be used for a few hours now, unless she kisses someone's ass for less time, but she wouldn't do that if her life depended on it.