Chapter 14

I walked into the main hall when I heard the president and Soren yelling at each other. I walked in and stomped my foot. For some reason the both of them shut up. The werewolves pressed their lips together to stop themselves from laughing. I asked what was going on on to which Soren asked me to go back to the library. The president on the other hand ripped out the bandaid. He said he wanted Sasha out there protecting the citizens while they are busy constructing the wall. Soren explained the nocturna accords. The previous ruler goes to sleep so that they will not be interfering with the current rulers methods. The president said that there must be an exception to the rules. Abraham said there is none. Sasha represent more than just someone who can destroy zombies. She is the reason both sides have stopped fighting each other. She brought them together under one roof as a family. She hidden because she has a target on her back from people who want to exploit her gifts. She kept under lock and key for that reason. She is hidden so others won't suffer because of it. The president asked the others if they could wake her up. The werewolves ignored him as a rule. I walked past them and winked. They smiled at me kindly.

I sat on the blanket set out for me on the garden to bite my lunch a blood bag and the nearest werewolf asked me why I don't drink directly from a person the way vampires do. Her wife being a vampire was curious also. I looked at him to realize it was Keola. I replied that my bite has a different effect on people. Normally when a vampire or a werewolf bites they experience pain. When I bite people feels pleasure. If I bite someone more than twice they will became an addict. This surprised the man. He extended his hand wanting proof so I bit him. His expression changed to that of love, peace and tranquility. I didn't bite him for long. I only took a sip. I got to see his entire life and I went back to drinking my blood bag. He was as still as an ice sculpture for three days. The message was passed along the werewolves and I was escorted to my room since things were getting bad.

The military convoy was attacked by a hoard of zombies. Thirty soldiers and fifteen civilians were killed before these things were subdued. My shield was back in my body so as far as the world is concerned I am asleep. Which is a hot topic for debate. Am I awake or am I asleep. At least twenty break-ins were reported by my security. All of them were hoping to find and wake me up.

The president would call every twenty minutes hoping that Soren would change his mind. He remained iron clad on his discission. The military promised to bring me back in one piece and they even swore that they won't let anyone harm me. No experiments or captivity of any kind. Soren's answer remained the same. No. Abraham was harassed afterwards he never bothered to pick up the phone. In fact he prefers face to face.

The Native American got to be wolves under a new law. They came to thank him for his choice. Since Abraham lost his wife one of the Native tribes offered to marry him. He said that he will think about it. Every nocturnal knew that I was awake but they got to understand why I was hidden so they kept their mouths shut. So in their desperation the president decided to play dirty. He 'mistakenly' allowed a bomb to go off that blew up a section of the wall on the nocturnal end of the city.

I had warned everyone as the humans were planning on how to let those things in. It took them a few hours so by the time the wall had collapsed and thousands of zombies arrived there was no nocturnal in sight so they walked through vacate streets. The drones picked up no signs of life. The person in charge of the observation reported back to POTUS. He called to ask what was going on. Abraham yanked the phone out of Soren's hand and lied through his teeth saying today was his birthday so all nocturna were invited for a party. Immediately everyone started singing happy birthday. He said that if the president had anything to do with the explosion the treaty says he will be banished from the city. The president hung up immediately. This convinced everyone to start laughing.

I turned invisible and snuck out. I made sure the drone could not catch me. I drove the hoard away. I sensed people waiting with electrified nets. I made sure not to go anywhere near it. I quickly bolted back to the palace. Nobody knew how these creatures moved out only that it tried to eat those that were waiting with the net. They had to jump into their choppers and fly back to headquarters. Which meant those fixing the wall had to hide while what was left of the armed forces fended off the zombies. They had to create a trench to keep them at bay.

The president had to resign and he was forced to walk out of the city. The people begged Soren that they just want things to be normal again. He said that stability will come but that doesn't mean he has to wake me up. Both human and nocturnals worked to build the wall. It took a month to construct. Once it was built things calmed down.

The new president made an agreement with the nocturnals not to meddle with their affairs. The people were upset. They wanted me out and about. So break-ins became a frequent occurance. So I came out and said that Sasha's body was sent elsewhere after she was put to sleep. So if these things get in it will take at least a week before they can Sasha's help. There were out burst of angry words. Like I said the break-ins didn't stop. Their excuse is that they didn't see any transport leaving the building. I showed them an old video of a limo driving out of the gate in the nocturnal section. This ended the break-ins for the moment. Soren and Abraham were pleased. I asked if I could go to Valentina or the Citadel so there would be no more problems. The unanimous answer was no.

I was asked to dress up for a party I will be attending with Abraham. The new president wanted the peace that existed between both sides to be restored. I saw that the white house was in shambles. The people were upset wanting answers. I told a curious senator that the problem was Jayden. He has created problems when he was nocturnal wanting to be human. Then he created problems when he was human wanting to be a nocturnal again. His followers are trying to create discord by wanting to enslave people. The vampires and werewolves follow a code of conduct that they can't break. Jayden followers are using that to their advantage trying to create animosity. The senator asked if things would be better if hybrids didn't exist. I smiled saying that there are hybrids even in nature there has been no problems. For example Ligers. Why is everyone so interested in a vampire and werewolf hybrid. Let things be as they are. Let it go. Some people can't let go. Because there are those that don't like the cards they were dealt with so they create trouble. They just like to watch the world burn. The senator tried to refute my words but ended up proving me right. He apologized profusely before he walked away.

I turned to see Oleg and Abraham smiling at me. I blushed furiously before I sat down to watch the treaty being signed. The military had to sign an accord saying that they will not be flying over nocturnal territory. They will enter with permission and they will not spy on them as well. They will not capture any nocturnal for experiment ever again. I can tell they were dying inside as they signed the documents. One of the soldiers asked my why I was here. Abraham said that I am one who will succeed the throne after Abraham steps down so I am here to learn. The soldier asked when will it be Sasha's turn to rule. Abraham calmly said that Sasha will only be woken when the council sees fit. Till then the nocturnals will have these three rulers. One from the vampires, one from the werewolves and one from the hybrids. The soldier stormed off to sit with his brothers in arms.