⟨01⟩ The Love Curse

"Again? This is the third time this week!" Jay exclaimed, giving a tissue to Jungwon.

It was getting more serious as time passed, and Heeseung didn't know what to do about it. Jungwon's nose bled almost every time he saw him, ever since last week.

And it was all Heeseung's fault.

If only he hadn't fallen in love with Jungwon and made him fall too, they wouldn't be under this damned curse.

If only Heeseung had been a normal human...

What they chose to be was something completely against the rules.

Heeseung was a vampire. Jungwon wasn't.

Humans and vampires can never be together. They were the biggest natural enemies from the beginning, always fighting. That was until there was a peace treaty to seperate the two creatures-

Humans wouldn't mix in with vampire families and neither would the vampires, in human families.

The decision made by their ancestors, which brought peace into almost everyone's lives. Almost everyone.

Because that was the treaty which formed the Love Curse.

After the establishment of this curse, all the vampire families in the world decided to avoid complete human contact, except The Decelites, who were the only ones to have learnt the art of blending in.

As time passed, vampires were considered as nothing but a myth, nothing but stories made to scare young children.

_

Lee Heeseung, the fourth generation prince of The Decelites, part of the family since 1847.

He was just a seventeen year old boy placed to keep the prince in company. However, one night, when he tried to stop a thief from hurting the prince, he was stabbed in the heart and had to be converted into a vampire by his new friend to live on.

Ever since then, Heeseung had been learning the art of blending in just like everyone else of his kind, changing his identity every few years as he moved from place to place.

At first, it was a blessing for him, since he was the only one who knew about the true identity of the Decelites through his friend, the prince, and was truly interested in their ways.

But once he started living his new life as a vampire, time seemed to pass so slow around him, with his human friends and family dying, finding new friends, faking deaths, switching identities, it was all too overwhelming, yet boring.

He wished he could feel something- love, pain, anything.

He would be glad if he could.

Year- 2011: Heeseung had just joined a university to become a musician. This was his 7th time doing so, but he had run out of more options. It was a good thing he had a great passion for music.

But this time, it certainly was not the right option.

Because this time, he would be feeling something like he always wanted to, and to his bad luck, that something would be love, forbidden love.

He broke the only rule he had to follow- fall in love with a human.

And that human being Yang Jungwon, who, cursed by fate, loved Heeseung as well.

They were the first to break the Love Curse, thinking it wouldn't be such a serious problem, since humans didn't think vampires existed anymore, and no one would know.

Besides, feelings are hard things to fight, especially for Heeseung, who hadn't felt anything of this sort in his 164 years on Earth.

That was until they had to suffer the circumstances. Jungwon's nose bled almost every time they were together. Even though he didn't know what it was, Heeseung certainly knew it was the result of the curse.

It hurt him everytime, seeing Jungwon struggle for him, without even knowing it, and the only thing he could do for him was to stay away.

And now, he had to do it. He had to leave him, in a way he wouldn't be hurt. But how? Inside, he felt the urge to tell him why this was happening, but he didn't want Jungwon to hate and spite him.

Maybe that was what he had to do- tell him the cause. Maybe Jungwon would stop loving him because he was such a cruel creature, and they'd be free of the curse.

Yes, that seemed to be the right decision.

"Jungwon, I need to talk to you" Heeseung said, finally standing up from the armchair he was sitting in as Jay wiped off the blood from Jungwon's nose.

The boy looked at Jay, who immediately understood and walked away, shutting the door on his way.