Prologue, Chapter One: The Last Farewell

❛ɪᴛ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ, sᴏ ғᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ ғᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ!❜

♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸ 𝕬 𝕽𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝕿𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖊 ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩

Mondstadt,

also known as a city of freedom. It is a city-state that worships the Anemo God, Barbatos. Currently a small performance in the central plaza is being presented by a bard, singing all kinds of songs while playing his lyre. Everyone listening enjoyed the soft tunes of the stringed instrument as the gentle breeze flew by, like a faint whisper brushing past their ears. Just then everyone cheered,

"The Anemo God is coming!"

The song ended like the wind and everyone dispersed, continuing on with their daily lifes. A blonde male with braided hair then approached the bard with a floating child following right after.

"That was quite the show," the blonde gave out a smile. He handed a ripe apple, in which the bard happily accepted.

"But of course, my dear traveler. After all, the performance needs to be swell, or the fine wine shall say farewell," the bard proudly stated, as he proceeded to show off the bottles of Dandelion Wine he have earned from the earlier performances.

"You sure do love your wine, Tone-Deaf-Bard," the floating child stated, as she looked at the bard mockingly whilst placing her hands on her hips.

"Just found out, you ugly pixie?" the bard gave out an equally mocking tone, as the floating child flared up in anger. The blonde immediately separated the two for fear a fight might happen between the two c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶ non-human beings.

"Goodbye, [M/Name]," the male waved to [M/Name] as he dragged the floating child away.

"Farewell, Aether."

The bard felt a bad feeling inside of him as he watched the two figures walking farther away from him. It was like a gut feeling that this was the last time they shall meet in quite a while...

• • •

The bard exited the tavern, feeling happy upon the amount of wine he had just consumed. The bustling city earlier is now silent, discarding the occasional animal sounds here and there. It was dark with only the moon and stars giving light towards the city, yet how true are those lights being shown?

[M/Name] played his lyre, the wind picking him up before setting him down on the statue in the middle of the city. He gazed his eyes on the stars above, slowly falling asleep in his drunken stuper.

♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸ 𝕬 𝕽𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝕿𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖊 ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩