𝟐𝟏 | 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥.

The sun beat against the back of my neck through the window

The sun beat against the back of my neck through the window. I've been in the same position for the better part of the last two days. Sat in the chair placed in the corner of her bedroom.

I knew Hershel wasn't a fan of us being friends so I tried not to be around when he visited with her. Every once in a while he'd find me in here but he hasn't mentioned it thankfully.

When Danny and I made it back, it took major convincing to not have the others hold me down to treat my leg. My only concern was checking on her first since it had been a week since I found out about her collapsing.

Lori had been trying to explain her current condition while Miller helped me in the house. None of us were prepared for what we walked in on.

After Lori helped change my bandages I was practically falling asleep from the pain medication Hershel had given me

After Lori helped change my bandages I was practically falling asleep from the pain medication Hershel had given me. I rejected the meds yesterday but once my adrenaline wore off I couldn't stand it.

I told myself I'd only take them sparingly until it the pain became tolerable. We didn't need to run out of medication just because of this but Hershel insisted. I think he feels guilty about my injury.

As exhausted as I was I knew Hershel was busy caring to Randall so it was my chance to sit with Beth for a bit. Glenn helped me to the house being I was half out of it.

She was asleep when I made myself comfortable in the all too familiar chair so I let myself doze off.

"I heard glass." Maggie said as she twisted
the knob to the bathroom willing it to open.

"Beth, it's Nate. Can you open the door for me?"
My tone remained calm.

"N...Nate?" Her trembling voice from
the other side responded.

Maggie frantically moved from my side
to search for the key. "I left her with Andrea."

"I've been trying like hell to come back to see you."
The wave of dizziness and nausea thanks to
blood loss hit me like a ton of bricks.