[ 15 ] ❌ Falling To Your Knees In Walmart

To whoever invented group projects, Sukuna wanted to strand them on an island where they hunt men for sport. Fortunately, that was precisely the sort of activity Kenjaku would like to make happen.

Unfortunately for Sukuna, they were both a part of the group project to make such an activity happen.

Sukuna left with Kenjaku without protest, trusting that Kenjaku's understanding of Sukuna's intentions still held true. Megumi's death wasn't in the cards, and while he wasn't near Sukuna, Sukuna could still feel him.

Megumi's mind continued to wash over Sukuna's consciousness.

It was a baffling realization that proximity was never an issue for them. Megumi could have been halfway across the globe, Sukuna suspected, and he'd still feel this way.

And, as Sukuna analyzed further, he understood that the intensity of Megumi's glare should have magnified in the event of a fight. Kenjaku had been swift in whatever he had done and left Sukuna in the last state of Megumi's glare, the last inkling he'd touched.

It maintained its tumultuous nature, pre-attack.

Sukuna half-anticipated to find Megumi there on the beach of Dagon's domain, but the lounge chairs were noticeably vacant.

"Where is he." It was the first words out of his mouth.

"Alive."

Reigning in his expression was an instrumental feat and one Sukuna couldn't attain under the catastrophe swirling in what he swore was Megumi's glare.

But he isn't here. Where is he? Why can I still feel him?

"That isn't a location," Sukuna said, and where he might have entertained the banter, it now did nothing but serve as a catalyst to his rage.

You shouldn't have interrupted, Sukuna wanted to say. All that work—for nothing!

"He's with us," Kenjaku said. "You'd expressed concerns about this boy's dynamic interfering with your vessel. We thought it best to separate the two of you for a time."

Imbeciles—! he thought, and wished desperately to speak with someone more intelligent. Someone like—

"I wish to speak to Uraume."

"They are currently away."

Sukuna nearly tore his hair out. Fucking—! "Why! Where could they possibly be?!"

Kenjaku hummed in muted surprise, like Sukuna was nothing but a child discovering he lived in a solar system. "I think you may be overreacting."

Sukuna seized him by the front of his robe. "Tell me!"

"Megumi is with Jogo, Hanami, and Haruta underneath the nature preserve," they said, instantly. After a second of strained breathing, Kenjaku's eyes narrowed to unamused slits. "And Uraume is running an errand."

"I'm going then," Sukuna announced. "And I expect Uraume to be here when I get back." And, to himself, he admitted that he couldn't stand the look on Kenjaku's face.

"You... plan on going to the dom," Kenjaku iterated, stepping after him in spite of the ire washing over Sukuna in a wave.

Sukuna faced him once more, his scowl evident in the easy way Kenjaku cooled their own expression. Squinty-eyed and feigning a delicate smile, the abomination clasped their hands together in front of them.

"Any particular reason why?"

Many reasons, but most of them would just paint him as a lunatic. "I have a score to settle."