𝟐𝟐 | 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

The dreadful decision weighed heavily on the mind of everyone, and some on their hearts as well

The dreadful decision weighed heavily on the mind of everyone, and some on their hearts as well. Dale's one day before Randall's fate was spent trying to convince others that taking the boys life wasn't the right decision.

After Andrea's talk with Nate she decided to guard the prisoner from any wrong doing before the time came. Dale was worried that like the barn situation, Shane would try to solve the issue his way behind everyone's back. 

"Say I wanted to go in there right now and take care of this. Would you stop me?" Shane asked after spotting her just outside the barn entrance.

He knew who put her up to it. He and Dale had been at each others throats. He was the same person to let it be known what happened at the school.

"I had a good teacher." She said with a smile on her face while nervous of how he'd reacted.

Shane wanted to make sure the decision swung his way. "So what, you buying his sob story?"

Andrea's arms crossed in front of her chest. "I told him I was with you on this one."

Shane didn't believe her. "But here you are doing this for him. That's cute."

She didn't have a comeback for him. Nate's last words still lingered in the back of her mind.

"....save it for someone you have a
chance of winning against."

Shane continued. "These guys ain't gonna go through with it. They're gonna pussy out and if they do we're gonna have a problem on our hands."

"Maybe— but Nate won't. He's not running hot and cold on this one. He knows what needs to happen. He's just letting Dale have his day." She stated.

He nodded his head. "I'll agree with you on that. Nate isn't going to think twice about snapping that boys neck. Unfortunately it's not his decision."

She thought about butting in but waited to see what he'd say next trying to pick her battles.

"Lemme ask you something. When things go wrong around here who do you think is behind it?" He asked her. She was curious what he was trying to get at.

"Some would say you." She placed her hands on her hips as she looked down to the ground.

"No one listens to me. I say it's the guys that make up the rules. The guys that have all the answers even if their answers prove wrong." He said.

"So what are you going to do? Rick is the leader of this group and it's Hershel's farm." She reminded him.

"I think we ought to change that." He said.