Sunset Cove Beach

Hi. I'm Maria. I'm 17 years old...I was tapping on the window, listening to "State of grace" by Taylor Swift, when my sister taps my shoulder signalling me to stop. I was nervous, because it wasn't the first time I've been down at the beach. The beach was called Sunset Cove Beach, and the streets were very crowded today, with bunches of sidewalks filled of people crossing the road. It was almost summer, and the thought of winter coming to an instant end, never crossed my mind. Not even once, not twice. My mum lived near the beach in a two story beachfront home. It was MY favourite part of the Christmas holidays. The hot steamy porch around the house... The fresh salty air rustling through all of the palm trees... the great seagulls calling to each other...it was like I never left.
Mum told me stories of her friend and herself. Dancing on the porch before stew day Tuesday, taking a dunk in the pool after a long day of endless shopping... my mum was more of a calm girl, but her friend... she was the fun one. She had big plans to own the beach house. It was her passion, and the only friend to have with her was my mother. Her name is Gigi, and has three kids. The oldest, being called Taylor. Us girls are the bestest of friends, even though our 3 year age gap is separating us. We get along like two peas in a pod. Cannot be separated. The second oldest was named Aaron. Him and I have a bond of no other... we have a two year age gap but he's becoming more distant and distant. Meanwhile, Wyatt, his younger brother, he's the same age as me, and our friendship has only grown ever since we saw each other in two different baby strollers, coming to the beach house. We all used to live there, but aside from that, we're all older, but Taylor, Wyatt and Aaron decided to help out and stay there. But I had dreams. Great, big dreams of becoming a professional dancer. My sister, jasmine was helping me out and we stayed in a great, homey traditionally modern house.
We get to the petrol station at approximately 12pm, and we almost ran out of fuel, plus, I wanted a slurpee from 7/11. I was dying for a half-grape-half-cherry slurpee, and the grape flavour only came at around summertime. I missed Gigi, Taylor and the boys... it just felt awfully different, since last year's summertime vacation was canceled. The reason it was canceled was because Gigi and the kids had covid, so I haven't seen them since two years ago.. a lot might have changed, what if they... were.. hot?
My sister misses her crush, who lives at sunset cove, apparently he's a guitarist who plays for a band called "love's medicine".
"Hey, Riri? Can you get me some Pepsi please? I'm THIRSTYYY! also! Can you get me some chicken crimpy shapes?" Jasmine said, tiredly
"Of course, can't miss a chance to help my big sis! I'll pay if you want." I replied
"Oh no it's alright! It's on me. Here! There's my credit card. Don't spend too much money, you idiot" said Jazzy, handing me her card. Once I walked In, I grabbed everything that my sister "ordered", and got the stuff I wanted. But, as I was paying, a boy walks In through the door, eyeing me down, which made me uncomfortable. He whistled and I turned back "what the fuck are you looking at, dickhead. Go smoking yourself back to your home town." His eyes lit up with annoyance and left the store. He was quite ugly and looked twice my age. What the hell is wrong with people? I paid and walked out of the door, rolling my eyes. I opened the passenger seat door angrily, making my sister question "what's, up sis?"
"This stupid ass man whistled at the sight of me. I told him to fuck off and go back to his home town. He looked twice my age, too. God what the hell is wrong with middle aged men!"
" I know right? I was out clubbing last week when you were at your friend's house, and a 40 yr old tried to get my number. Like- no thank you! Let's leave, Taylor and the boys'll be waiting." My sister told me. We drove off, and I checked the time. '12:30 hm' I thought as I unlocked my phone passcode. Jasmine turned on her CarPlay on Spotify when the red light came flashing. That was always my queue to listen to my own music again.