20th July, Rajasthan, 11.45 p.m.

Safely tucked away in her bed, the young girl dreamt of fairy stories,

She dreamt of a flower tiara being placed on her head, flowers tucked in her hair, and she went frolicking alongside the tall, ethereal, elegant girl, who emitted that warmth, who felt like home, who was ever so familiar, and who kept appearing in her dreams.

She called her Princess, not addressing her by her namesake title but rather lovingly.

She seemed just like the older sister she never had, but always yearned for.

But then the dream took over the same usual turn, turning into a nightmare as she was pulled deep within into the darkness, with monsters surrounding her.

Her hand reached out to hers, calling for help, but as they tried pulling her along, she was pushed away into safety while the older girl was physically stripped away from her.

' No! No, don't you dare! Run! Or they'll chase you too!'

' But...but Dad will save you, he will....DAD!'

A bitter smile spread across her pretty face as she shook her head.
' No. He won't come. Never for me. Leave! Leave before they come after you! I'll be right behind you! I promise.'

She was pulled back from the proliferating darkness, sobs escaping her mouth and her eyes flew open, with tears streaming down her cheeks, her breathing rapid, beads of sweat trickling down her forehead despite the cold temperature in thr room because of the air conditioner as she tried comprehending the dream that always turned into a nightmare.

Her soft sobs were probably audible enough for her brother to rush towards her, turning on the night lamp on the bedside table.

Putting a comforting arm around her, he wiped her tears and she leaned in, seeking the familar warmth and protection of her older brother which she desperately needed.

" Nightmares again?"

She nodded causing him to sigh.
" Why me, Bhai? Why always me? It's almost like I knew the girl. She was begging for protection but disappeared saving me instead. It haunts me ever so often. I failed her Bhai, I failed her."

" No Princess, it was just a nightmare. It wasn't real."

" If it wasn't, then why do I get it repeatedly? Why does it feel real Bhai?"

" Princess....you should sleep. It's late. And you got school tomorrow don't you? Maa will be worried if she sees you like this. We don't want Maa worried right. She's already unwell. I'll read you something yes?"

She sighed with a nod, and slipped beneath the sheets, her eyes closing as he pulled out a book to read.

She was fast asleep within ten minutes and he let out a sigh.

Quietly shutting the book, he kept it back in it's place, turned off the night lamp, tucked her in properly, planted a peck on her forehead and walked out of the room, the door half-open.

A lie.

That's what he'd been telling for the past seven years.

Her nightmares weren't mere nightmares.

Those incidents were very much real.

But she lost her memories.

And he couldn't tell her. It was for her best.

There were umpteen people responsible for this.

And one of them had been Priyamvadha Singh Rajawat.

His father, seldom cared about his children.

So he'd decided, he was going to do it alone.

And in order to take her down, and exact his revenge, Shivanya Singh Rajawat was going to be the asset.

But what he wasn't aware of, that making an attempt to make her his asset, would end up having him in ruins instead, and Shivanya Singh Rajawat, wasn't going to be the naive, pretty and innocent girl he assumed her to be.

But rather a storm, who'd uproot him completely.