The Truth is Out

Arya:

I asked the driver to take me to Ishaan's secret place.

The room was a chilling tableau of secrecy and suffering. Its walls, cracked and stained, seemed to close in on the scene. Flickering candlelight cast elongated shadows across the uneven floorboards. The air hung heavy with the scent of dampness and fear. In one corner, a single window was boarded up, denying any glimpse of the outside world.

The girl, her eyes blindfolded, stood trembling, her twisted hands bound cruelly behind her back. Ishaan, his face contorted with rage, clutched the wooden stick, poised to strike.

My voice trembled as I pleaded, “Ishaan, please wait.”

His eyes widened in surprise, and he snapped, “Arya, why are you here? This is none of your business. Just go.”

"Ishaan, please leave her," I pleaded, my voice trembling.

"What? You don't know what she did to me. She should be punished for her deeds. You don't interfere in this," Ishaan's anger flared.

"Ishaan, please don't harm her. She's innocent," I implored, my heart racing.

"Innocent? How could you talk like that? Dhairya is not innocent. She's the one who ruined my life and killed Amrita," he spat out, his eyes ablaze.

Ishaan raised his hand to strike her, but I stepped in, gripping his wrist tightly.

"Arya, leave my hand. Do you understand what you're doing?" His voice was a dangerous whisper.

"I won't let you do this," I said, my resolve firm.

"What? Are you challenging me? Arya, I am your husband, and you're fighting with me for a girl who destroyed my life. This is not fair. It's better for you if you leave calmly. Don't mess with me," he warned, his grip tightening.

"I won't leave," I declared, defying him.

He signaled to the girls in his team, and they swiftly surrounded me, restraining my arms.

"Now you'll witness her death," Ishaan sneered, raising a wooden rod to strike Dhairya.

"No, please stop it. She is not Dhairya," I blurted out, desperation in my voice.

"What? How do you know that? Does that mean you know Dhairya?" Ishaan's eyes bore into mine.

I sank to my knees before him, tears streaming down my face.

"I can't fight this guilt and pain anymore. I'm losing myself in this fear. I've decided to confess the truth to you. I...am...Dhairya," I whispered, my secret finally escaping my lips.

Ishaan's expression remained unreadable, devoid of any emotion. The truth had shattered everything, leaving us both broken and vulnerable.

"Ishaan, I am not lying to save her. I am telling the truth. I am Dhairya. Please trust me. Please spare that girl," I pleaded, gripping his hands. He yanked his hands away, his face contorted with rage.

"I already knew. A week ago, I received a photo of you without the scarf covering your face. And that girl? She's part of my team. This whole setup was designed to force you to confess," Ishaan declared, and the girl—now unbound—stood up, revealing her face.

"Do you think I couldn't uncover your secret?" His grip on my jaw tightened, pain shooting through my face.

"How's my game, Dhairya? It's no match for your expertise, but not that bad. I can't play the role of love like you did," he said, his voice a mix of sadness and feigned anger. I closed my eyes, tears escaping. I knew the turmoil he felt. Ishaan, I'm sorry. I shattered your heart once more. I longed to comfort him, but I'd forfeited that right. Now, I was no longer his wife; I was merely an adversary who orchestrated this web of deception to escape his clutches. His hatred for me had intensified.

"Bind her legs and hands, then take her to the dark room," Ishaan commanded his team. They lunged at me, but I fought back. Dhairya wasn't naive; she wouldn't be caught easily—except by him.

"Enough!" Ishaan's shout halted our struggle.

"What do you think you're doing? How dare you defy my team?" He seized the rope, securing my hands behind my back and blindfolding me.

"Lock her in the dark room until I return."

His fingers tightened around my neck.

"If you try to escape, I will torture you to death."

"After coming back, I will give you the award for playing your game of deception so well. Until now, you saw a loving husband in me, and from now on, you will see your tormentor in me. Before killing you, I will show you the beautiful hell, baby," Ishaan said, and kissed me roughly.

He went off, and I was tied to a chair, and the room was locked.

Where did you go, Ishaan? How are you now? I know you won't share your pain with anyone, and you are completely broken now. I would have been at peace if you had directed your anger at me, but you left, leaving me. That means you were not in a position to handle your emotions.

Ishaan:

In the quiet solitude of my farmhouse, I stumbled inside, collapsing to my knees. Tears flowed freely, and my anguished cries echoed through the empty rooms.

Self-loathing consumed me. How could I have loved her so blindly? How could I have trusted her without question? Dhairya, the name reverberated in my mind, a bitter reminder of my own gullibility. Dhairya, why did you ruin my life? Just days ago, I had received a photograph—a revelation that shattered my world. Dhairya was none other than my wife, Arya.

Returning home, I observed her closely, watching for any cracks in her behavior. Arya, as always, played her part with practiced ease—sweet, composed, and utterly convincing. I asked for intimacy, and she agreed, but I know she doesn't love me. I sensed her desperation, her need to manipulate me. She believed that by ensnaring my heart, I would spare her life.

Yet, in that moment, I vowed to unravel her deceit, to uncover the truth hidden beneath her delicate smiles. Revenge simmered within me, fueled by the knowledge that love had been my downfall. I would not be a pawn in her game any longer. The tables would turn, and justice would be served, even if it meant sacrificing my own heart.

In a moment of anger, I found myself on the verge of making hurtful comments about her body and questioning her about her ex-husband, Varun. But my words faltered, my heart reminding me of the respect she deserved as my wife. I fell silent, and she acted as though she was wounded by my aborted accusations. During that time, I sought more information about Dhairya, not wanting to cause Arya any pain without being certain of the facts.

The truth, however, only served to deepen my heartache. Arya was not the orphan she claimed to be. She was the daughter of loving parents, her father a man of wealth and influence. She was a modern-day princess, her demeanor marked by pride, ruthlessness, and ego. She had traveled to India to visit her parents, a fact she had hidden from me even after our marriage.

Her love, this marriage, her name, identity, sweetness everything is a lie. A mere lie. And as a stupid, I believed everything.

In a fit of rage, I hurled the flower vase, shattering it to pieces. My eyes fell on Amrita's portrait hanging on the wall.

"I am sorry, Amrita. I am truly sorry. It was my fault to forget you and give my heart to another. That's the reason for my torment today. I regret falling for the one who brought you harm. I am deeply sorry."

I was drawn back into the agonizing memories of the past, where Dhairya exploited my vulnerability and her position. She was the malevolent force in my life who crushed all my dreams and aspirations, leaving me a shell devoid of hope.

Hi everyone, so the truth is out. Would he forgive her or her betrayal kills him more? What would Ishaan do now? Did he takes his revenge or his love empowers his hatred?