Part Three

Snape took a few steps toward the bed and Harry shuffled back into the headboard, gripping the sheets and clutching them to his chest.

Severus stopped when he saw this and frowned, "I am not going to hurt you, Harry," He said softly, taking another slow step forward.

Harry watched his every move, keeping an eye on him until he was standing at the end of the bed.

"Do you mind if I take another look at your wound?" Severus asked, keeping his voice soft and gentle.

'Wounds?' Harry thought to himself, and then he remembered the beating his uncle gave him. He quickly moved the sheets away to see them bandaged and clean. Harry looked up at the two, Tom now standing by Severus at the end of the bed.

"We fixed you up as much as we could by ourselves. We didn't want to bring anyone else in here until you were awake and better," Tom said and Harry gave him a nod.

"So, would you mind if I took a look?" Severus asked, and Harry shook his head.

The potion master walked closer. He gently took Harry's hand and pulled him towards the end of the bed. He unwrapped the bandages, and Harry saw that the bruises were already barely there, and he didn't feel anything at all.

Severus examined him for a few minutes, touching his sore spots. He picked up a potion from the bedside table and handed it to Harry, who eyed it skeptically before drinking it. "You should be fine by tomorrow. You already rested for a week. That potion should heal the rest of your injuries by then," Severus said, helping Harry lay back down in the bed.

"Harry," Tom said and Harry looked up at him. "When you are feeling better, we will have a conversation about the state we found you in," He said and Harry's eyes widened.

"I-it w-was nothing," he stuttered out and the two men frowned.

"It wasn't nothing, Harry," Severus said. "When Nagini led us to you, you were almost dead," he stressed the word, trying to get Harry to understand.

"Harry, you don't have to hide anything from us, if anyone would understand. It would be me and Severus," Tom said, and Harry looked down at the silk bed sheets. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, but nothing came out.

"Don't worry, Harry. You don't have to tell us now," Severus said, patting his hand.

"Go to sleep. When you wake up, we'll do an inheritance test and a few others to see what we can do to help," Tom said before waving his hand at Harry, who promptly fell asleep.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 435

Re-published: April 30, 2024, 8:30 am 

When are you reading this?