Part Nine

Remus led Zach out of the room, out into the hall, and back down the hall from which they came. "Do you want to head back to the living room, or is there somewhere else you would like to go?" Remus asked, looking down at the small teenager walking next to him.

"I-I think Sev said I had my own room," Zach said before calling for the only house-elf he knew, Sandy.

Seconds later the elf appeared. "Yes, master Zach, how can Sandy help you?" the floppy-eared creature asked.

"Is my room ready?" He asked and The elf nodded. " Can you lead me there?" He asked and The elf went off leading them down the hall and up the stairs, back to his parent's floor and to his room. Zach opened the door and gapped at the room.

It had light green walls and carpets. There was a king-size canopy bed with black wood and green drapes, there was a desk and a chair close to the door on the right, a bookshelf, and a fireplace with a couch in front of it. There was a door to a balcony. and a small open sitting area with two armchairs and a coffee table. There were two other doors, which, after exploring, he realized were a bathroom, which had a bath and a shower. The other was a walk-in closet already filled with his clothes; after walking out of the closet, Zach found Remus sitting on the couch in front of the unlit fireplace.

Zach walked around the couch and sat on the other side. "Are you okay with this?" he asked, and Remus looked up at him.

"With the mating?" The werewolf asked and Zach nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine with it," Remus said, moving closer to the younger. "It's just a lot to take in. Everything I knew about you was wrong. You went from my cub to my mate," He said, sighing heavily.

"We can start over as mates," Zach suggested, and Remus nodded.

"Yeah, that would be preferable," Remus said, and Zach gave him a wide smile.

"So, Severus and Tom are your parents," Remus said, and Zach huffed out a laugh.

"Yeah, it's crazy. I spent years fearing them and then found out I was fearing the wrong people and trusting the wrong ones, too," Zach said, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," Remus said and Zach yawned.

"It was ok," Zach said, shuffling closer on the couch. "I am just happy I am out of there, and I won't have to go back," He said with pain in his eyes as he thought about it.

" I can't believe Dumbledore would do something like that, he seemed so trustworthy and that damn twinkle in his eyes," Remus said as he shook his head.

"Yeah, It's what had us all fooled," Zach yawned, rubbing his fist over his eyes.

"Sleepy?" Remus asked and the smaller nodded. He reached up and pulled his hair out of the bun it was in.

Remus watched as the hair fell down his shoulders, framed his face, and reached out and ran his hand through Zach's hair.

The small boy moved close before laying his head on the wolf's lap and going to sleep.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 530

Re-published: April 30, 2024, 11:30 am

When are you reading this?