Part Eleven

"Zach," A voice called and the boy groaned and buried himself deeper into the bed. "Zach, come on, you don't want to be late, do you?" The voice asked and the boy opened an eye to look up at Draco looking down at him.

"Late for what?" He mumbled sleepily and Draco shook his head.

"I told you not to stay up for hours after midnight," He scolds and Zach gives him a sheepish smile. "It's Three o'clock, you have to get ready for your date,"

"Date?" Zach asked, rubbing his fist over his eyes.

"With Remus for your birthday," Draco said, and Zach froze before jumping out of bed and running to the bathroom. He quickly showered and went to his closet. Not seeing Draco in the bedroom.

He looked at the two dresses he had, before turning away and going to the male side of his closet. "You should wear one," a voice said behind him and he turned to see Severus looking at him.

"I don't know. I never wore one before. What if Remus doesn't like me in a dress?" Zach said, his face filled with hesitancy as he looked back at the dress.

Severus stepped into the room, pulled out the blue dress with lace sleeves, and held it out to Zach, who hesitantly took it. Zach looked at the man and realized that he wasn't wearing his normal robe but a white button-front shirt, black pants, and dress shoes.

"Come on, get dressed. I have a present for you," the older man said, exiting the room.

Zach pulled on the dress and a pair of match blue heels that Severus had gotten him. He exited the room and saw Severe sitting on his bed looking down at something in his hand.

He turned around when he heard Zach come out of the bathroom. He smiled and held out the object for Zach to see. It was a locket in the shape of a potion vial. "This was yours when you were born before you were taken," Severus said, opening it to show Zach the picture inside.

It was a picture of Tom, Severus, and a baby who had red eyes and a wide-toothless smile. The other was an image of just the same baby.

Zach gently took the locker and examined the pictures, a soft smile on his face. "It's beautiful," He said softly.

"I remember the day they were taken; we had to change your outfit five times because you were sick, you were a couple of months old, and we were learning the right foods for you. Tom was worried, he was panicking and he was almost in tears when you wouldn't stop crying. We took you to St. Mungos, and they gave you a potion to settle you. When we were leaving we saw a photographer in the ward, taking pictures of families with newborns, and Tom was so excited about taking a family photo. We placed them in a locket and hung them around your neck. When you were taking it was the only thing left in the crib," Severus said, a few silent tears running down his face.

"Thanks, Dad," Zach said, moving closer and wrapping his arms around the taller man.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 529

Re-published: April 30, 2024, 12:30 pm

When are you reading this?