Part Twelve

Zach fiddled with the locket as he sat on the armchair looking out the window in his small area. His dad had just left five minutes ago. He remembered the look of love and tenderness on Severus's face when he called him Dad.

A knock came at the door, and Zach called for the person to enter, smiling when he saw that it was Remus.

The werewolf wore a black suit with a blue shirt. Zach stood when he saw him enter and Remus paused looking at him wide-eyed. "Do you like it?" Zach asked shyly.

"Do you not like it? I can change if you want me to," Zach rushed out when Remus didn't say anything.

"Now I know why Severus turned my shirt blue," Remus said, slowly moving forward, his eyes roaming over the smaller. "You look absolutely gorgeous," He said, his eyes flashing a little yellow.

"Thank you," Zach smiled, "You look handsome," He said, and the werewolf gave a slight smile.

"Are you ready?" Remus asked, taking his hand. "I have the whole night planned if you are up for it," Remus said and Zach nodded.

"Alright, we're taking a port key," Remus said, pulling a ribbon from his pocket and Zach took the other end, "Birthday," Remus said, and Zach felt a familiar tug in his belly button before they disappeared.

When they reappeared, the two were in a dark alley. Remus led him out of the alleyway and Zach gasped at the sight in front of him. "Where are we?" The younger asked.

"New York," Remus said, and Zach looked at him in shock.

"Really?" The young demon asked, his eyes wide as he looked around, and Remus nodded.

"Come on, we have a reservation," Remus said and started to lead Zach through the crowd. Going slowly so the younger ones could enjoy the sights and look at the people in awe.

They went to the Empire State Building. Remus led Zach over to the elevator and pressed his wand to the back panel. The elevator changed, and a few seconds later, they stepped out onto a platform. "Oooh, my Merlin," Zach gasped as he took in the scene before him.

Zach walked over to the edge, looking through the glass at the bright lights below him. He looked back at Remus who stood a few feet away looking at him, from where there was now a light blue blanket with a picnic laid out. There were little twinkling lights floating above them.

Zach made his way over to him and sat down. They ate in mostly silence, the low hum of the noisy city below. "I wish I could fly over this, looking at the lights while flying over them," Zach said, looking up at the sky.

"You could transform. This platform is for wizards only; no muggles can come here," Remus said. Zach looked up at him before his wings popped out. He took off, flying a few feet in the air before coming back down and towering a few feet in the year, a smile still on his face.

Remus stood up and moved closer to him, looking up at Zach, who chuckled at him, "I'm taller than you," The younger chuckled, and Remus shook his head before gripping Zach's waist and pulling him down so they were face to face.

"Are you now?" He asked, pulling him closer; before Zach could say anything, Remus kissed him on the lips.

Zach made a noise of surprise but quickly kissed back. Remus pulled away as Zach landed on his feet and looked up at him happily. "Come on, there is somewhere else we are going," Remus said and led the young demon back to the elevator and down to the ground floor.

Remus leads him a few blocks away to Central Park, they walk around the park for four hours, going to the castle in the park as a final destination. They settled at the top of the castle, Remus sitting with Zach in his arms.

"I loved this night," Zach said softly as if not to ruin the calm of the night.

"Me too," Remus whispered, as the night grew later Zach grew sleepy and Remus pulled out the portkey and returned them home to Zach's room. Remus laid Zach on the bed and waved his wand, changing his clothes into pajamas and pulling the sheet over him, and kissed the younger forehead before moving to exit the room to head to his own.

"Moony," Zach called sleepily before he got to the door, making him turn back to look at the younger who was leaning upon his elbows looking at him. "Where are you going?"

"To my room," The werewolf said, and Zach rolled his eyes.

"You can stay, you know," The younger said, and Remus shrugged.

"I didn't want you to be uncomfortable," Remus mumbled and Zach shook his head.

"You're my mate, Remus," Zach said simply and Remus gave him a slightly nervous smile before moving back to the bed,  stripping down to his boxers, and climbing in. Zach shuffled as he was up against Remus's side and sighed happily as he closed his eyes again for sleep.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 844

Re-published: April 30, 2024, 1 pm

When are you reading this?