Part Sixteen

Zach made his way back to his father's quarters fuming.

He had run into Hermoine and Ron after the final class of the day and the two of them had tried to convince him that his father was evil and he should join the light and help them take him down. He knew that they were under orders from Dumbledor to make friends and convince him, and he was really close to hexing them.

He entered the room in a way that would impress Snape before flopping down on the couch. He heard a door open and felt a hand in his hair. Looking up, he saw his dad looking down at him. "Are you OK? I could hear you abusing my door from my office," the onyx-eyed man said, and Zach huffed.

"The annoying redhead and Mud blood," he said simply, and his dad nodded; Severus had witnessed them trying to change sides.

"Where is Remus?" Zach suddenly asked, sitting up and looking around.

"He went for a walk, he should be back any minute," Severus said just as the door opened and the man walked in.

"Remmy," Zach exclaimed, standing up and going to hug him. "How was your day?" He asked as Remus wrapped his arms around his small waist.

"It was perfect. Do you fancy a walk before dinner?" Remus asked and Zach hurriedly agreed at the chance of spending time alone with his mate.

Remus and Zach said goodbye to Severus before they exited the room and headed out of the castle, careful not to get caught.

Remus led Zach to the Whomping Willow and led him down under. "Where are you leading me?" Zach asked as they walked down the small short hallway. Remus opened the door, and they entered, and Zach gasped. "Wow," the younger one said as he looked around.

The room was set up like a small living room. It had a small couch with a soft, fluffy throw rug in front of a small fireplace. There was also a bookshelf and a cupboard. There was also a small chandelier hanging from the ceiling and a small table with floors. "It was where me, James, Sirius, and Peter used to hang out during the full moons here at Hogwarts," Remus said, and Zach looked around.

"You hung out down here?" He asked looking around again, and Remus laughed and shook his head.

"Well, it didn't look like this. I fixed it up a bit to bring you down here. I figure this could be our little spot," Remus said and Zach looked at him happily.

"Oh, I like the thought of that," Zach said, pulling Remus over to the couch and sitting down.

"Yeh, I wanted someplace special for what I'm about to ask you," Remus said, suddenly getting nervous, and Zach looked at him questioningly. "You're amazing and the best mate I could ask for. You are caring, kind, and loving. When I found out you were my mate, I was scared. I'm just a few months older than your dad. And you just turned eighteen, and you could have..."

"Remmy, you're rambling," Zach cut in as he watched the werewolf fidget. Remus took a deep breath and pulled the ring box out of his pocket. Opening it for Zach to see.

"I know, as mates, we don't really need to; we don't have to," he started. "But will you marry me?" he asked, and Zach looked at him with wide eyes.

"R-Remus I c-can't..."

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 568

Re-published: April 30, 2024, 3 pm

When are you reading this?