Part Seventeen

Zach and Remus arrived back at their dad's quarters. Severus sat in the kitchen talking quietly to Tom who had his arms wrapped around him and a smile on his face.

The door closed behind them, and the two looked at each other, still smiling. "Zach, how was it?" Severus asked, and his son raised a brow and looked at Remus.

"I needed ideas," The werewolf said innocently, and Zach smiled a little before looking back at his parents.

"Well, of course, I said yes," Zach said, seeing the anxious look on their faces. "You act like I would have said no," he said, and Tom looked at his dad.

"Your dad did the first time," He said, and Zach gasped, looking back and forth between them.

"Really?" Zach asked, surprised and his dad nodded.

"Yeah, he was always working, and though we did spend time together, he spent more of it working," Severus said, moving closer to Tom. "I was afraid he was just doing it for the sake of doing it, not because he wanted to," Severus said, and Zach saw a sad look appear on his father's face.

"So, what made you finally say yes?" Zach asked, and the two smiled at him.

"You and Lucius," Severus said, and Tom got a questioning look.

"Lucius?" He asked and Severus nodded.

"While I was pregnant with you, he was there for every second of it. Sometimes I would have to kick him out and tell him to go to work. He never complained when I woke him up at one am to go and get me muggle food, or when I threw things at him. Never yelled back or anything. Around four months later, he left for work, and Lucius came over. We were talking and I told him I had said no to Tom and why. He showed me the memory of when Tom had gone to him. Nervous and sweaty. Tom had thought that because of who he was and what he did. I wouldn't love him enough to say yes," Severus told them. They were now sitting at the dining table, Zach leaning his head on Remus's shoulder and Severus and Tom holding hands. "When he got home we talked about it, and when I was eight months, we got married,"

"It was the first most wonderful time in my life," Tom said as he stood, pulling Severus with him. "We have to get going. I promised Narcissa we would be there for dinner," Tom said as they both walked around the table, kissed Zach's temple, and patted Remus's shoulder before heading to the floo.

"I hope we have a love like theirs," Zach said, looking up at Remus, who shook his head.

"We'll have a better one," Remus said, kissing his cheek. "Do you want me to make you dinner? You already missed it," The werewolf said and Zach nodded.

"That would be nice,"

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 476

Re-published: April 30, 2024, 3:30 pm

When are you reading this?