Part Eighteen

With Tom and Severus

Tom and Severus stepped out of the floo and went to the kitchen where they heard talking. Entering the room they saw Draco and Lucius.

"Draco, I thought you were at school," Severus said, raising a brow at his godson.

"I was, but Mother sent me a note at lunch saying to be here for dinner this evening," Draco said, and Severus looked confused.

"I thought this was just dinner?" Tom said, immediately knowing something was up.

"Me too," Lucius said, stepping closer and lowering his voice so only the four of them would hear. "She has been acting weird lately. I don't know what's up. She has been talking about pure-blood family lines and how they have been damaged and degraded. She is a lot more secretive than usual," he whispered, and the three others frowned.

Just then, Narcissa walked into the room. "Tom, Severus," she said, smiling. "I'm so glad you could make it. Let's go to the dining room. The elves had already prepared dinner," she said, herding them to the table.

They all sat down and the food arrived. They talked as they ate, Tomorrow and Lucius about the ministry, Severus and Draco about potions. The only one who didn't speak was Narcissa.

They were on dessert when she finally spoke. "How is Zacharias doing?" She asked, and Severus smiled.

"He is doing fine. Remus proposed this evening, and he said yes," Severus said, and the other two Malfoys smiled happily at the news.

"That's awesome, He had been talking about that ever since we watched that movie where they got married at the end," Draco said.

"Thank god he had two brain cells when his mate proposed," Lucius teased, smirking when Severus playfully glared at him.

"I want to draw up a marriage contract between Draco and Zacharias," She said, and Lucius who had just taken a sip of his wine spat it across the table into Severus's face, Draco choked on his cake, and Severus paused with the fork halfway to his mouth and Tom blinked at her.

"What?" Tom asked, not sure he heard her right.

"I want Zach to marry Draco," she said as if it were a solution to the greatest problem ever. "If he marries that wolf, he will gain no status in the wizarding world because he is not a pureblood. Draco can bring him that," she stated, and the table remained quiet.

"You're right; he can't bring him status," Tom said, "but he can bring him many other things that status does not. He brings him happiness and love. He gives Zach the things he grew up without. And he sees Draco as a brother. He would not agree. And as said before, he is marrying his mate. Why would I break them apart?" He asked, his eyes flashing his demon color.

"I would not want to marry Zach either," Draco spoke up, "I found my mate, it's Blaise. He went through his inheritance last night," He said and the older men in the room gave him a gentle smile.

"If the only thing on your mind is status and money, Narcissa," Lucius said, taking a deep breath. "I think it is time we parted," He said, and Narcissa glared at him.

"What? You can't do that. We have a contract between our families," Narcissa said, and Lucius shook his head.

"That contract was over when Draco turned ten, it was to marry and stay together until we have an heir of ten years. Besides, lately, you have been acting less pure blood and more of a bitch, I know you have been bringing Stanley in here when I am at work," Lucius said and Narcissa glared at him

"Draco, I think it's best you return to school with me," Severus said standing, and Draco nodded, saying goodbye to his father and Tom.

Severus kissed Tom and the cheek and mumbled a quick I love you, before following Draco out.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 645

Re-published: April 30, 2024, 4 pm

When are you reading this?