57

57 - Scorched To No End [Pt 2]

HADEN

           My paws thudded hard against the forest ground as I charged in the direction where the bastard disappeared. He wouldn't get away from here – not today, not ever. He would come face to face with Death today, wearing nothing but loss on his back.

New depths of anger found me, anger that I didn't know I had. Suddenly, I wasn't just chasing him for myself; it was for my mate, my family, my pack. My entire life had been turned upside down by this man and he would pay for the damage he's caused.

He was King of nothing and no one. Some parts of me took pride in seeing the victorious look wipe away from his smug face, but there was no time for pride. There would be enough time for that once I ripped him to pieces.

The forest blurred into a mosaic of greens and browns as I raced through the wilderness, the first light of dawn casting long shadows around me. Every fibre of my being was focused on the hunt, my senses sharpened to their peak as I pursued my target.

The fucking Rogue King.

My heart pounded in my chest, adrenaline laced with vengeance coursing through my veins as I sprinted through the undergrowth. The scent of pine needles and damp earth filled my nostrils, mingling with the faint trace of his presence. He was close – I could fucking feel it.

With a primal snarl, I surged forward, leaping over fallen logs and weaving through dense thickets. My muscles burned with exertion, the real consequence of a brutal fight, but I pushed myself harder, driven by an unrelenting determination.

He would meet his end today.

Suddenly, a flash of movement caught my eye, and I skidded to a halt, crouching low to the ground. There, just ahead, was a flicker of movement – a telltale sign of my elusive prey.

Without hesitation, I sprang forward, closing the distance in a matter of heartbeats. As I burst into a small clearing, my gaze locked onto the caramel-brown wolf standing before me – alone, bathed in the soft light of dawn.

With a primal roar, I launched myself at him, ready to finally put an end to this relentless chase. As our wolves collided in a clash of fur and muscle, I felt a surge of energy coursing through me. This was the real outlet I needed; this is what was needed to end it all.

Teeth bared and claws extended, I fought with an intensity born of desperation and determination. Each blow landed with a thunderous impact, the sound echoing through the forest as I grappled for dominance. In this arena, we were equals locked in a deadly dance of predator and prey.

I snarled at him, canines clawing at him to escape his grasp. The bastard tried his best to pin me down but I was lighter on my feet – more experienced in battle. I aimed for the vulnerable spot beneath his jaw, teeth-gnashing and jaws snapping as I sought to land a decisive blow. He struggled beneath me, his teeth flashing in a desperate attempt to fend me off.

But I was relentless, fueled by the burning rage that coursed through my veins. All I saw was red and I knew when I got like this, there was no going back. My wolf would never be satisfied until I tore him to shreds with my teeth. With each snap of my jaws, I felt the weight of every injustice, every betrayal fueling my fury.

Finally, with a guttural growl, I sank my teeth into his flesh, feeling the satisfying crunch of bone beneath my jaws. He let out a pained yelp, but I paid it no mind, driven by the burning feeling of rage within.