𝟐𝟒 | 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝.

With the decision being made it was now time for action

With the decision being made it was now time for action. Shane, Daryl, Miller and Danny followed behind their now two group leaders as they all headed to the small barn housing the prisoner.

Rick waved them forward in order to steal a few seconds with Nate. "I need you to let me handle this." He stated.

When his younger brother went to speak against the idea he cut him off. "We can't protect each other from who we have to be in order to survive. Not anymore. They know you're capable of this and you know I am, but I need them to know it too."

This world changed and those unable to change with it wouldn't make it very far. It was one thing to protect Rick but he was right. As much as Nate didn't like the idea he agreed.

They joined the others inside as Shane tied a blindfold around Randall's eyes. "This'll all be over soon."

Miller held his knife handle upward towards Nate but he stood with his arms remaining crossed over his chest. Firearm in hand Rick circled the boy as he was dropped to his knees.

Miller raised one eyebrow in confusion to which Nate gave him a look. He slid the knife back into its pocket. "Okay." He said with a surprised tone.

Randall began pleading as he repeatedly cried out. "No, no... no please no."

Danny's eyes fell to the ground beneath him as he leaned against one of the support beams. It never got easier living in the middle of a war. Nate went to stand beside him.

Shane nodded once to Rick confirming it was time as Randall's cries became louder. Visibly shaking as he struggled to catch his breath. "Do you have any final words?"

"Please.... Don't... please no." The broken boy choked on his words as he sobbed. Rick lifted the gun to his forehead as he pulled back the guns hammer.

"Do it dad. Do it." Carl said as he came through the doors. Rick hesitated at the sight of his son.

"Are you kidding me? What did I say to you?" Shane said as he grabbed Carl by the upper arm walking him back towards the door. "I'm helping." Carl said.

Nate hissed in a low tone as he joined Shane's side blocking Carls view. "You were told to stay in the house."

Rick's gun clicked as he lowered the weapon. "Take him away." Daryl leaped forward grabbing the boy and dragging him to his feet. Danny beside him within seconds to help walk him out.

Shane slammed the door open and stomped out. Nate placed both hands on his hips as he looked over to his brother. Miller approached him. "Do you want us to handle it?" He whispered not to be heard by Carl.

"Leave it be for now." Nate responded lowly. As he left Rick looked back over to his brother and nephew.

The two Grimes men walked back to camp silently as they followed Carl. Everyone's full attention falling to them as they returned.