chapter one

Aelia

Monday morning:

I awoke to the sound of my phone playing here comes the sun by the beatles. I had tired of the irritating alarm sounds that came with the phone. this was a much better way to wake up in the morning. the sun was just peeking through my sheer curtains, a small smile crept onto my face. last night there was torentual rain storms that I thought would never clear. I hated when it rained, but I learned to accept that if I wanted daisies and dandelions I had to have the rain. thunder still scared the heck out of me, lightning was just as terrifying if not more so. I shook off the goose bumps that rose on my skin and sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes. I looked around my room, it was almost all the way empty except for a wooden shelf and a hanging rack for my clothes, a small couch and all my drawings. some were taped to my walls, others were scattered along the floor with my pencils and pens.

secretly I hated this room...it was depressing and lonely looking. even though I tried my best to brighten it up with some yellow paint I had bought at the hardware store, but I had only had enough for a pint of the paint. who knew paint could cost so much?

I got out of my bed and went to my hanging rack, pulling off a sundress and cardigan. after changing out of my nightgown I ran a comb through my hair and tied it up with my yellow ribbon.

I grabbed the tote bag I made for all my school books, grabbed a few sheets of paper and a pencil from the floor and headed downstairs.
now if you thought my room was depressing you should see the rest of my house. I looked around the living room and kitchen for my father but like I had guessed he had already left for work. I took in the damage of the living room. beer bottles littered everywhere, empty chip bags crumpled on top of old pizza boxes, it was a mess.

thankfully I had woken up a little earlier than I needed to so I had 30 minutes to straighten up before I needed to leave for school.
I threw away all the garbage and put the bottles and cans in the recycling bin that was already overflowing. I made a mental note to take them to the bottle return before school. I did the dishes and vaccumed the carpeting that was looking more black than brown these days. I wiped the coffee table off a long with the kitchen counter. by the time I finished I was almost going to not have time for the bottle return. I grabbed two garbage bags and filled them with the bottles. when I finished I was out the door. if I didn't hurry I'd be late for first period.

fifteen dollars and thirty cents, that's how much I had earned from all my fathers beer bottles. I put the cash in the pocket of my sweater and ran through the school doors. if I hurried I would be able to make it to my seat right when the bell rang.

I would have been able to...that is if there wasn't a person named marabella in this retched school. I was dashing through the halls almost to my room when a foot stretched in front of me before I could stop myself. I let out a small yelp before crashing into the floor face first. cackles ensued through the almost empty halls as I let out a small groan. great now I would have a bruise on my left cheek bone. I picked up my stuff ignoring the rude girls behind me and ran to my class. it wasn't worth it to deal with people who didn't care if they hurt you or not.
I had just entered my class when the bell rang. I let out a small apology before taking my seat next to the windows.

45 minutes later and I was onto my next class. I hated algebra, if I ever met the person who invented it I'd.....well lets be honest, I couldn't hurt a fly. I had tried once but I couldn't bring the fly swatter down on the small helpless creature. it was pathetic, I was pathetic. but I just couldn't do it. what if that fly had a family? what if the fly was a mother and had a little baby fly at home waiting for her? I knew what it was like to loose a parent and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone, even a gross fly.

the bell rang for lunch, finally. the only food we had in the fridge this morning was old pizza, so using the money I got from the beer bottles, I bought a turkey sandwich, a bag of chips and a fruit punch caprisun. don't judge, they are delicious.

I was almost all the way through lunch when I felt the pressense of eyes on me. I looked up from the book I was reading to find kain, the schools starting quarter back staring into my soul. a shiver went down my spine. normally I wouldn't pay attention. but there was something menacing about the way he bore into me. I quickly looked back to my book and tried to ignore the bad feeling rising in the pitt of my stomache.

something wasn't right, I could feel it.