Chapter 18

Next update after 130+ votes on this chapter.
_______________________________
"Bhabhi." Shriti said coming downstairs with Ruhanika.

Shriti came towards Abhira and Ruhaan with Ruhanika crying in her arms.

"Kya hua?" Abhira panicked looking at Ruhanika who was wriggling in Shriti's arms while crying badly.

Shriti handed Ruhanika to Abhira. Abhira held her tightly and hugged her patting her back.

"Na...na...na.... baccha ese nahi rote ...shhhh....." Abhira said caressing her hairs.

"Kya hua Ruhu ko?" Ruhaan asked to Shriti.

"Bhai, Ruhu so gayi thi toh mai bhi so gayi uske saath. Lekin achanak se uthi aur phir rone lag gayi. Isiliye mai neeche le aayi." Shriti said.

"Accha, shayad hume nahi dekha hoga na isiliye rone lag gayi hogi." Ruhaan said.

"Ruhanika, don't cry baby, See mumma is here, papa is here." Abhira said sitting down on the sofa with Ruhaan beside her.

"Mumma....." Ruhanika said and hugged Abhira wrapping her tiny arms around her.

"Mumma" Armaan whispered in shock as tears fell down her eyes.

"Ruhu, don't cry baby,.... shhh...." Ruhaan said patting her back.

"Reema kaki, Ruhanika ka khaana le kar aaiye please." Abhira said to Reema who nodded and went to kitchen.

"Shh..... Ruhanika. We are here baby...." Ruhaan said picking her up in his arms.

Abhira wiped her tears softly.

"Papa...." Ruhanika said and hugged him.

"Aww...yes baby. Papa is here." Ruhaan said caressing her back.

Ruhaan cradled her in his arms, "Shh... it's okay, Ruhu, we're right here," he murmured.

Meanwhile Reema entered with a bowl of Daliya, "Here's your food, little one," she said, placing the bowl on the table.

"Thank You Kaki." Abhira said and took the bowl in her hands.

She started feeding her slowly.

"Mummmmaaaaa" She said touching Abhira's cheeks with her small fingers.

Armaan and the Poddar family watched the scene unfolding before them, tears glistening in their eyes. It was a moment of bitter and harsh realization for Armaan, seeing Abhira as a wife and mother to another man's child.

"Ehhhhh....." Ruhanika giggled as Ruhaan caressed her cheeks with his cheeks which had a little beard.

Abhira wiped her cheeks softly and again fed her the food.

"Yeh tum...tumhari aur Abh....Abhira ki beti hai?" Armaan managed to asked.

"Haa Ruhanika, Ruhanika Ruhaan Mhatre." Ruhaan said with a smile looking at Ruhanika lovingly.

"Adaaaadaaaaa." Ruhanika said moving away the spoon which Abhira was about to feed her.

"Ruhu, last spoon hai baccha. Kha lo. Please." Abhira requested forwarding this spoon towards her.

"Na....na.....na....mumma" Ruhanika said hiding her face in Ruhaan's neck.

"Rehne do Abhira. Abhi abhi uthi hai na toh jyada nahi khaegi." Ruhaan said patting Ruhanika's head.

Abhira nodded and kept bowl back on the table. She took Ruhanika in her arms and wipe her face with a napkin.

Abhira looked at Armaan. She looked in his eyes which were filled with deep hurt. His eyes started tearing up again as he looked at Abhira with pain.