Chapter 1: What Now?

'Yare yare' - Saiki's thoughts
"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking telepathically
'Yare yare' - Anyone else's thoughts
"Yare yare" - Anyone else speaking
Yare yare - Fourth wall breaking
Yare yare - Author replying to fourth wall breaking

🍮Kusuo Saiki's🍮 POV:
"My name is Kusuo Saiki, and I'm a psychic"
I pushed my green glasses onto my face, a surprising, but real smile on my face. Well, now that I finished the last episode of the anime, time to destroy the meteor. Now that the anime is over, I wonder how I feel. Certainly, many people would be sad, but I suppose I didn't have a choice. Now, I am in this other fanfiction, which is rather annoying. I thought I could finally rest after the end of the anime series.

I should probably introduce myself, as I usually did in the anime and manga. My name is Kusuo Saiki, and I have psychic superpowers. The first line of the fanfiction was the last line of the anime before it was concluded. I am a seventeen year old teenager who attends PK Academy, and am in my third year, in other words, twelfth grade.

I flew into the sky, taking one last look at my father in his robot suit, looking terrified, and Kusuke, my brother, who was in a state of excitement and shock. Yare yare. I suppose my life really isn't supposed to be peaceful. No matter what I do, completely erasing my powers is next to impossible. I'll be stuck with them for eternity. I approached the meteor, not feeling afraid despite the fact my powers have supposedly been sealed. I looked at it, flying near it. Then, I raised my fist and smashed the meteor into tiny rocks, then sent the pieces to space.

Suddenly, I felt something surge through me... my eyes widened as I felt tremendous power... I could suddenly hear everyone's thoughts. "So much for 'sealing my powers.'", I muttered telepathically.

Honestly, it felt exciting, and relieving, to feel my powers surge through me. I had been, and still may be, in denial about how I may or may not be a tad bit inconvenienced without my powers. Since I have been living with them since birth, my entire life revolves around them. Living without them is like living without one of my most important senses.

I suppose I truly do not have a choice, other than to live with my powers. After I smashed the meteor, I flew back down to earth, only to see my annoying brother, Kusuke, ready to bombard me with his word salad. As I levitated gracefully to the ground, he ran up to me, followed by my dad, who was still shivering in his robotic suit that Kusuke forced him to wear. "Kusuo! You did it! I told you, your body has evolved to your psychic powers, so you have no choice but to live with them, I suppose." He sounded gleeful, and I knew he was thinking about all of the future competitions he was planning against me.

"I better get back to school" I said. I turned back to the broken wall (A/N: Remember the crash sound from the last episode of reawakening? I headcannon he broke the wall, which he probs did), going to get something from my room. Kusuke waved goodbye to me, and I decided to wave back. My dad felt relieved that he didn't have to do any life - threatening work, but I really didn't care. (A/N: I have a headcannon that Saiki's glasses are green from the outside, but aren't green from the inside (unoriginal) ik this is random 😭) My mom was inside, and ran over to me when she saw me walking in. "Ku chan!" she cried. "Did you really get your powers back?" she asked to confirm. "Yeah, I did. I guess I'm back to saving the world..." I replied. "Are you going to head back to school, or would you like to rest at home?" my sweet, caring mother asked. "It would be rather suspicious if I don't go back to school. Besides, people might suspect that I was the one who cleared the meteor, since I was the one who seemingly disappeared." I said, remembering how I seemed to have turned invisible in front of Kuboyasu and Kaido. "All right... be careful, Ku chan!" My mother said. I nodded. I went upstairs, heading to my room.

I felt that it would be safest to keep my limiters on, too, in case my powers do the same damage that they did in the past. I opened my desk drawer, and took out my limiters. I carefully placed them on my head, and looked myself in the mirror. I looked like what I did before, the look I've had since sixth grade, when my powers became too powerful to be left alone without being harnessed. I sighed. I suppose I will have to lead my disastrous life the way it is. Then, I looked at another object in my desk drawer, that were placed next to my limiters. My eye lenses that Kusuke made for me. They blocked my petrification, and made my x - ray vision only work on command, so I didn't constantly see skeletons and meat sacks rather than the people themselves. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wear those, too. I would need a test subject in the near future to see whether my petrification works or not, though I suspect it may work. I put on the lenses just in case my powers are at full force, and someone (possibly Nendou) takes my glasses off.

I teleported myself to a bathroom stall, then left the stall when I was sure there was no one else in the bathroom. Time to face reality. When I entered the chaotic classroom, they were all staring out the window, noticing how the meteor clearly disappeared from the sky.

I watched as Aiura ran in, looking excited and relieved. "Everyone! My fortune telling works again!" She exclaimed. "Wait... why can't I see auras again..." She said, much quieter. Then, she took notice of me, and my accessories. Her eyes widened, and she asked me via her thoughts: 'Kusuo! Did your powers come back? You were definitely the one to clear the meteor, aren't you?'. I simply nodded, and watched everyone else continue with their ridiculous reactions. Kaidou had gotten out from under the desk, and was acting like he wasn't afraid, though he was visibly quivering. Kuboyasu must've reacted calmer because he was a former gangster, probably making him act calmer instinctively. Nendou, like the idiot he is, never realised what happened in the first place. Mera was crying because she couldn't sell the meteor since it was gone. Yumehara was behind Aiura, debating whether she should confess to Kaidou or leave it for the next disaster - wait, why did she think there would be another disaster? I suppose since they're all unaware of my powers, minus the PK Psychics, they probably don't know that this is never occurring again. Their worries are now unnecessary, since I am a psychic again. All of a sudden, I felt pressured, since I now will have to deal with the world's problems again. Yare yare. I'll never get a break, will I?

Teruhashi, on the other hand, believes that the meteor was stopped by God, because God loves her. She's half right. God truly loves her, but I was the one who cleared the meteor, and considering my God - level powers, I could be considered a God, but I don't like her that much, much less love her at all. I already have a boyfriend who I love very deeply. Speaking of said boyfriend, I should go see him. But right before I could leave the classroom, all of the nuisances noticed me and crowded around me. "Saiki!" They all called. "Aibo!" The big moron called. "Yare yare..." I muttered. As I looked at them, I felt like I should tell them about my powers. Besides, when I time travelled back in Okinawa to see their reaction, they were a little shocked, but they supported me in the end. I hope that would be how they reacted if I did tell them. I was originally going to tell them, until I broke that window...

"Uh, Saiki..? Hey! Are you zoned out?" Kuboyasu's voice broke me out of my thoughts. I just nodded my head. I decided I should tell them tomorrow. It would hopefully be a normal school day, so I could gather them up in a classroom like I had planned earlier, before my day went downhill, and try to tell them. "Where were you? Did you go to the bathroom or something?" He added. I just nodded again. I can't tell them I teleported home, obviously. Toritsuka raced in. 'Thank you, Saiki! I told you your powers are back!' He thought. I just ignored him. I just wanted to go see my boyfriend, can't these people leave me alone? I guess if they knew about my powers, this would be easier, as I could teleport in front of them.

Word count: 1493

(A/N: This is my first TDLOSK fanfiction, hope you like it 😭. I am pretty new to this, and I have only written a Solangelo oneshot other than this... btw I'm going to be writing a Satousai fic that occurs before this, this story would make more sense once I make that. Byeee!

- Your trashy Author)