𝟐𝟔 | 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲.

T-Dog stepped out onto the porch as Daryl and I came holding our belongings

T-Dog stepped out onto the porch as Daryl and I came holding our belongings. Glenn and Maggie walked past us as they headed into the house with Glenn's things. Beth walked behind them holding some stuff from camp to help move the group.

She kept her head down as she moved around me. "Beth," My low softened tone trying to get her to look at me. She kept walking without a word.

T-Dog who witnessed the whole awkward interaction damn near twisted his ankle flying off the porch to reach us. "What was that about?"

Over the last few weeks he's been giving me as much shit talk as Miller and Danny while working around the farm. "It's a long story brother."

"Shot himself in the nuts being an idiot." Daryl said trying not to crack a smile as he walked into the house.

T-Dog about fell over from his laughter. "Now I'm invested." Tossing my bag at him it hit him in the chest as he caught it as he shrugged.

"I tried to get Beth to talk to me as she later boarded up windows with Jimmy and Miller. She wanted nothing to do with me."

I hadn't went into details but just enough to satisfy T so I could head inside. Jamie and I were now sat in the dining room in the far corner. I'm sure that this couldn't have been easy for others to learn living like this but for us three it was normal to go through. So Miller, Danny and I took this spot for ourselves.

We made our sleeping arrangement shaped into a barricade placing Jamie in the corner. Having two solid walls and us to shield her if something happened.

I was in the middle of helping her get settled when Maggie came over asking to talk privately.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked with the upmost seriousness as we approached the chicken coop.

"That's a long list." My joking tone not appropriate in this moment I assume from the intimidating look I received. "Are you here as Glenn's girlfriend or Beth's sister?"

"What?" Her faked puzzled eyes were so obvious.

"You've never talked to me one on one ever. So which cowgirl hat are you wearing right now?"

"Your friend." My brows raised as I stood tall, my arms crossed in front of me as I waited for the truth. We can both play the intimidation game.

"And Beth's sister." There it is. "You, Nathan Grimes are here as the ass hat incase you were wondering."

"You don't think I know I screwed up? She won't talk to me. She barely will look at me. I've tired." This conversation didn't need to happen. "I know how strong she is. I didn't think she'd self harm over me. She read into things."