Thirteen

It was the day of the ball, and Lucius sat alone in his office looking over paperwork. The ball started in a half-hour, but he wasn't planning to go. The purpose of the summer mate ball was to either find a mate or show off your mate, and neither of those pertained to him at the moment.

He had spent all day setting up for the ball and helping Tom put up some parseltongue wards to prevent people from leaving the small living room or ballroom when they arrived.

He knew there would be order members there as they were still frantically looking for Harry Potter.

There was a pop and the blonde looked up to see a house-elf standing at the edge of his desk.

The elf placed a small box on his desk before popping out. Frowning, Lucius took up the box and opened it, his eyes widened at what he saw inside.

It was a necklace, but not just any necklace. It was a mating necklace. Mates would give them to each other to show that they belong to one another. Once he touched it, he just had to feed it a little of his magic to see who wanted to mate him. And if he accepted them, he would simply put a drop of his blood on it and put it on. Once he clasped it around his neck, the others would know that he accepted them.

Everyone who was mated at the ball would be wearing one.

Lucius gently and nervously picked up the necklace. He didn't think anyone would want to mate him, and the two he wanted were already happily mated.

Feeding a tiny bit of his magic into the pendant, he watched as the name formed. What shocked him was that it wasn't just one name but two.

Severus Snape

Tom Riddle

Lucius stared at the necklace before quickly reaching into his desk drawer and pulling out a small dagger he had there. Poking his finger he dropped the blood on the necklace and quickly put it around his neck.

He watched as the necklace glowed and hummed with magic as it connected to the other two.

Lucius took a minute to collect himself before standing from his chair and making his way out of the office toward the ballroom, where he knew the other two would be.

Entering the ballroom, he saw the majority of the guests had already arrived. Looking around he spotted who he was looking for. Making his way over, his steps almost flattered as red and black eyes turned to look at him at the same time.

He stopped a few inches from them and they both held out their hands to him. He placed him in theirs and they pulled him to them, their arms wrapped around them as he was squeezed between them.

"Thank you for accepting us," Tom whispered in his ear.

"How could I not?" Lucius said as he pulled away, "You don't know how many times I wished I was a part of what you guys had." He told them with a bright smile.

"We are glad you are a part of it now," Snape said.

"Now, let us show off our newest mate," Tom said as he started to lead the two around the room.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 535

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 12:30 pm

When are you reading this?