Fourteen

The ball was in full swing and everything was going smoothly.

Lucius was on the floor dancing with Tom. His head rested in the crook of the taller man's neck, while the other rested his chin on his head. He opened his eyes and peeked at Severus, who was also looking at him from the sitting area.

Severus caught his eye and gave him a quick smile and a wink which caused Lucius to blush.

"You couldn't find a mate of your own, so you tried to steal someone else's?" A sharp voice came from behind him, and Lucius quickly released Tom and spun around to face his ex-wife.

She was on the arm of the man she left him for, Alex Gohf. He had money, but he was nowhere near the status of the Malfoys. Alex was a pretender, he would act like he lived a lavish life when he didn't. He did it when they went to high school together and continued it well after.

"What are you doing here?" Lucius asked, glaring at the woman.

"It's the summer mate's ball," Narcissa said as if it was obvious.

It was then that Lucius noticed the mating necklace that also hung around her neck.

"Mother, what are you doing here?" Draco asked as he, Azar, Viktor, Sephtis, and Severus came up to them.

They moved to stand beside Tom and Lucius while glaring at the woman.

"Draco, darling," Narcissa called to her son with a fake smile on her face. "Oh, I've missed you," she said, and Draco rolled his eyes.

"You didn't miss me when you were running around with that thing you're draping yourself over," He remarked and The woman's face changed to a glare.

"You turned my son against me," she accused Lucius, who was busy fending off Tom's lips from his neck. "And Severus, he is stealing your mate, and you're just standing there! Such a pathetic coward with no backbone," she hissed. A growl ripped through the air, and everyone turned to look at Azar, whose eyes were bright red.

Azar moved so he was in front of Narcissa. "Azar Riddle, nice to meet you," he said, holding out his hand for a handshake with Narcissa. When she took it, she released a scream that had everyone in the room staring at them.

"Do you have any idea what my father has been through, he is fighting a war to keep us safe while you are whoring around and gold-digging your way into people's vaults," Azar said as he increased the power of the pain spell in his hand causing Narcissa to scream and whimper. "My father is one of the bravest people I know who is putting his life on the line like that, he is no coward. And the only pathetic thing in this room right now is you. How low can you stoop to go to your ex-husband's ball to show off your mate and then confront him, did you expect him to be jealous?" He finished releasing her hand.

She wobbled a bit and Alex caught her before she hit the flower."You'll be hearing from my lawyers for attacking my mate," The mate said, and Azar rolled his eyes.

"Leave before I accidentally kill you," He growled and the man huffed before walking out.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 538

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 1 pm

When are you reading this?