Chapter 60

November 18, 2024

A couple of days passed, Cal's parents go home already, and it was a freaking Monday today so we are back to school.

"Are you ready? What took you so long? You're going to be late for class," Zeke said when I got out of his room.

"Fuck you," I mumbled, throwing my dagger eyes at him.

He chuckled before he asked, "Why? What did I do?"

"Tsk! You fucking broke my back last night, and now you're asking what's taking me so long?" I exclaimed, touching my back in an instant because I felt a stinging pain from the sudden movement I made.

He laughed out loud again before he said, "But you're the one who said to go faster and deeper."

"What did you say? You really had the nerve to say that? I won't let you touch me again," I said, glaring at him.

"Didn't you say that yesterday too?" he teasingly asks.

"Aish! I hate you!" I exclaimed.

"That's not what you said yesterday when we were doing it," he said, smiling.

"Argh!" I exclaimed, gritting my teeth.

"Okay, I'm sorry. What should I do to make it up to you? Should I carry you all the way to the parking lot?" he asks.

"No, and I already said not to touch me again," I replied, rolling my eyes in the air.

"Okay, if you say so," he said, and I glared at him again.

"Okay, I won't touch you... for now," he said, mumbling the last words.

"What did you say?" I ask.

"I said I love you," he said, smiling.

I rolled my eyes at him again, and I took the lead in going outside.

He opened the door for me, and he smoothly maneuvered his car out of the building on the way to school.

~

After 15 minutes, we arrived at the parking lot of our school. I unbuckled my seatbelt and I opened his car door, but he instantly grabbed my hand.

"Hey, I'm sorry," he suddenly said.

I fell silent, and I didn't have the chance to respond to him.

I just looked at him, and I know he truly meant what he was saying right now.

I didn't ask him to say sorry to me because I know what happened last night between us is also what I want and due to my will. I'm just acting like I'm angry because my back really hurts, and I can't move properly.

"It's okay. It's not really your fault," I said, taming my eyes.

"I know," he said, smirking.

"Aish!" I said, clenching my jaws.

He chuckled for a second before he looked serious again.

"Remember what I told you last night?" he asks.

"Yeah," I answered, nodding my head.

He told me last night that I should try to refrain from listening to other people's words and to trust him always.

I was confused for a moment when he said that because I was wondering why he didn't specifically told me to stay away from Zandro, and I realized that maybe it's because he knows Zandro and I are in the same class, but... for his sake, I'll try to stay away from that asshole until the end of time.