Let it go

Joyful giggles could be heard throughout the small, cozy bedroom.

Two figures were sitting cuddled up against each other on the bed. Giggling, laughing, teasing each other. Their eyes holding fondness for the other.

"Your hair has grown longer." Yibo mumbled into Xiao Zhan's hair, whose head was currently resting on his chest. A warm smile lingering on his lips as he took a whiff of his beloved's scent.

Xiao Zhan tilted his head up to look at Yibo as much as his position allowed him to then looked back down again as he played with his own hair with his fingers.

"Hmm....should I cut them off?" Xiao Zhan mused with a small thoughtful pout on his face that Yibo always found so endearing.

Yibo let out a soft chuckle. "Do whatever you want." Yibo muttered against Xiao Zhan's temple. Softly nosing the skin there with fondness. "Because Zhan-ge always looks gorgeous no matter what."

"Yibo!" Xiao Zhan chided, even as a bright blush spread across his face in embarrassment.

Yibo's head tilted back as he laughed freely. "What? My Zhan-ge is always beautiful no matter what. It's a fact!"

The arms around Xiao Zhan's body tightened even more. The action, not enough for Yibo to express the deep aching love in his heart.

Xiao Zhan finally turned his body enough to look up at Yibo's face with a sheepish smile, the eyes that were looking down at him were dripping with love for the man in his arms.

For some reason Xiao Zhan's eyes turned misty as he nuzzled against Yibo's neck as his arms wrapped themselves around Yibo's torso.

"And my Bo-di is the handsomest man in the whole world." Xiao Zhan mumbled against Yibo's neck with a muffled giggle.

Yibo's laugh reverberated through the bedroom walls. He ducked his head down to nuzzle against Xiao Zhans beautiful long neck. Placing tender kisses and pulling him against his chest more. To press their bodies together as much as physically possible.

No matter how much they pressed against each other, writhed against each other, pressing kisses, making love – rough, passionate or soft and tender, it was not enough.

It was still not enough for the deep and passionate love and affection, the unconditional fondness they felt for each other.

The aching was still there. Suffocating. Making them feel like they want to cry. Their love just overflows. Too much to hold in their body.

But they still would choose the the same. Choose each other and drown in each other's love.

"It's been nine years, Bo-di".  Xiao Zhan spoke with a smile as he pressed his face into the side of Yibo's neck more. "since we have been together."

"Mhmm." Yibo nodded. Still holding Xiao Zhan tightly.

"And we'll be together. Forever. In every life." Xiao Zhan whispered, his warm breath fanning against Yibo's neck everytime he spoke. A small smile rose on his face as a tear left the corner of his eye.

"Just close your eyes Zhan-ge." Yibo spoke with the softest voice. His hand lovingly caressing the back of Xiao Zhan's head

And Xiao Zhan did. He finally closed his eyes. In the warm embrace of his beloved. To return to his proper place. Right by his side.  He finally let go.

As his body lay on the bed. Still. Alone. Properly tucked in. Looking like he was just in a peaceful slumber. Just a soft gust of wind brushing against his beautiful skin to accompany him and take him away.

———— ·