°⌜ 𝟎𝟖 ⌟°

━━━━━ °⌜ 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 ⌟° ━━━━━

━━━━━━ °⌜   𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.  ⌟° ━━━━━━

Warning: This chapter briefly contains mature/sexual content.

𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘 | 𝐓𝐎𝐊𝐘𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

Something about the glassware centrepiece on the decorative table makes Nanami feel at ease. It sparkles and shimmers in the vibrant disco lights, providing a captivating distraction from the commotion around them.

As the other guests gradually approach the dance floor, Nanami remains seated, using the table as a focus point amidst the pulsating music and overwhelming chatter.

Despite the rhythm of the music reverberating through his chest, Nanami cannot help but feel a growing sense of disdain for the current song playing, amplified by the overall loudness of the environment.

As promised earlier, Nanami endures this to keep a watchful eye on his classmates and upper-years. He glances around the room, checking on everyone's whereabouts.

At a neighbouring table, Ieiri remains ensconced, her legs folded gracefully beneath her. She watches with a bemused glint as the inebriated uncles regale her with their tales, their admiration evident in their slurred speech. They marvel at her prowess in surpassing them in drinks, a feat that both astounds and endears her to them.

As his gaze drifts towards the dance floor, he notices Haibara dancing in the spotlight amidst a group of aunties and Yue. Nanami can't help but feel surprised by the effortless way he moves, gliding and spinning in sync with Renzuko's youngest sister, Asuga. At one point, the two of them are even engaged in a dance-off, drawing cheers and applause from the surrounding guests.

After another scan of the room, his eyes land on Geto, conversing with his parents. Blond brows furrow in curious concern as that strangely silent family finally reveals an emotion past their gently press-on faint smiles. The black-haired woman's face appears scrunched up—looking discomforting at something his upperclassman is saying—as to what Nanami does not know nor would he want to, as it is none of his business.

Despite that, there's still no sign of you or Gojo amidst the night's activities. Nanami distinctly remembers seeing his white-haired upperclassman join this extravagant reception later in the evening, but he suddenly vanished after another blink.

But seeing this is your family event, should he start feeling slightly worried about your absence? The last he remembers is leaving you alone earlier to watch over Haibara and Ieiri. He wonders if something happened to you or if you got lost in the crowd. Should he make his way through the guests to look for you? One last check to see if everything is all right.