Pregnancy?

Arya:

Ishaan couldn't witness my suffering and, left commanding them to strike me. Tears welled up in my eyes as he vanished from sight. Suddenly, the world around me blurred, and I succumbed to unconsciousness.

When I regained consciousness, I found myself in a sterile hospital room, Ishaan sitting by my side. The doctor's words hit me like a thunderbolt: I was pregnant. But how? I had never been intimate with Ishaan, and the mere thought of betraying him was inconceivable—even in my wildest dreams. How could this happen?

Ishaan, his face a mix of concern and determination, whisked me away from the hospital. We arrived home, but he barred me from entering our room.

"You are forbidden from entering my place. This room will serve as your confinement. Aside from myself and the chief housekeeper, no one is permitted to enter. You will receive your meals and medications on time," Ishaan declared.

"But Ishaan," aunt attempted to interject, only to be silenced by him.

"There will be no further discussion on this matter."

"Arya, hand over your mobile," Ishaan demanded.

"It's in our room," I replied.

"From now on, it's my room," he corrected.

He gestured to the maid, who promptly fetched the mobile. Ishaan removed the SIM card, snapping it in half, before handing me a different phone.

"This device only contains two contacts: mine and the head housekeeper's. In case of an emergency, you may reach out to either of us. You are no longer free, and this room will serve as your prison. After the delivery, the bed and other amenities will be removed."

His words didn't faze me, as I was lost in my own thoughts. Ishaan locked the room, and in my confusion, I attempted to call my father, but the call was blocked. Just then, Ishaan reentered the room.

"Baby, don't exhaust yourself trying to escape. Apart from my number and the head housekeeper's, all other numbers have been blacklisted on that phone. I am the sole keeper of the password. If you attempt to call anyone else, I will be notified. Now, let's see whose number you tried to dial. Was it your father or your bodyguard?"

Despite his anger, he never once questioned my fidelity. A true gentleman! The perfect husband! Yet, why isn't he upset knowing that I am pregnant, even though he has never laid a hand on me?

Ishaan dialed my dad's number, and a knot of fear tightened in my stomach. His anger was a force to be reckoned with, not directed at me out of love, but at anyone who crossed him, especially my dad.

"Hello, who's this?" Dad said.

"It's Dhairya," Ishaan replied.

"Dhairya? What's going on with my daughter? Who are you?" Dad sounded concerned.

"For now, your daughter is safe, but her fate depends on her further actions. Technically, I'm your son-in-law," Ishaan stated ominously.

"Ishaan?" Dad's voice held a mix of recognition and worry.

"That's correct. Your daughter wants to speak with you," Ishaan said, gesturing for me to talk on speakerphone.

"Dad?"

"Has Ishaan found out the truth? Don't worry, Dhairya. I'll find a way to get you out of there," Dad reassured me, and before I respond, Ishaan disconnected the call.

"Let's see who comes to rescue you. Escaping from me won't be easy," Ishaan said with a cold determination.

"Why would I want to escape from you, Ishaan? You're my husband, and I don't want to leave you," I responded, trying to calm him.

"I'm not your husband anymore, and you know it," Ishaan retorted bitterly.

"But you still love me," I insisted.

"True, I love you, and that's why I couldn’t torture you, and you never loved me. That's why you played with my feelings and heart. You are really the best businesswoman who could see the benefit even in a relationship. And you are successful in that because I couldn’t kill you. And that's why I hate myself,' Ishaan said, and I know every word he spoke indicates the pain he's bearing in his heart. I thought of becoming a healer to his broken heart but ended up breaking him completely.

"Ishaan, I never meant to hurt you," I pleaded.

"Stop it. I don’t want to listen to anything from you. You are even ready to sleep with me to save yourself. How could you do that without loving me? If I didn't stop that day, you would have gotten intimate with me. Do you think you can escape from my wrath by seducing me?

Of course, you can do anything. I still remember the look you gave when you saw me shirtless. I think you are too impressed by my body and want to seduce me, isn't it? Such a cheap and needy woman you are! You wanted me to f*ck you to feel my body, isn't it? After all, you want this body, I know that well."

"Ishaan, stop it. Do you understand how disgusting your words are? I am your wife. I agree that I looked at you with desire, but that's because you are my husband." I protested, but he grabbed my neck, cutting off my words.

"Don't dare to shout at me. You are nothing but a prisoner to me. Don't think that I will be lenient towards you as before. You are just nothing to me."

Aunty called out to Ishaan for dinner.

"I'm not in the mood to eat. Please send the meal to her. She hasn't eaten since yesterday," Ishaan responded, his voice devoid of any warmth.

"And what about you?" I asked, only to be met with a cold glare from Ishaan before he stormed off. Aunty attempted to enter into my room, but his guards barred her entry. The head maid handed me my meal, and just then, the new mobile phone that Ishaan had given me started to ring. I answered the call.

"Make sure you eat and take your medication. Don't make me lose my patience," Ishaan's voice echoed from the other end before he abruptly ended the call. I tried to eat, but the lump in my throat made it impossible. Tears welled up in my eyes as I remembered the kinder Ishaan, who had once fed me when I was attacked by Alex and Varun. Would I ever experience his love again? Was it even possible? I left the food untouched. The room was locked from the outside, isolating me from everyone else.

I sat on the bed, lost in thoughts about this unexpected pregnancy. How could I uncover the truth? Ishaan wasn't willing to listen to me. Was he concocting some plan, assuming that I had been unfaithful? This pregnancy might have only fueled his resentment. How could a wife become pregnant when her husband had never laid a hand on her? This situation was undoubtedly hurting Ishaan more than anything else. But I had never betrayed him. I loved him deeply, and the thought of being intimate with someone else was unthinkable.

Why was my life becoming more complicated with each passing day? If this pregnancy was indeed real, Ishaan would never forgive me, and I couldn't blame him. If that were the case, I wouldn't be able to face him ever again. Overwhelmed by exhaustion and hunger, I eventually drifted off to sleep on the bed.

Hi readers, a quick update for you all. I think 16 more chapters to finish this book. Will finish it soon. Please check my new book "He's Mine, I Claim". A book with many unexpected twists and a tale of pure love.