Chapter 1

(Inside Mrs. Willows's bedroom, Mrs. Willows is packing up for his business trip to Europe, and she is trying to get everything squared away as much as possible before his taxi arrives)

Mrs. Willows: (worried) The taxi's gonna be here any minute, and I'm not even packed.

Marshal: (Sees a pair of mittens on the nightstand and runs them over to his mum)

Marshal: Don't forget your mittens, mum. It's cold in Europe.

Mrs. Willows: Oh, thanks, Marshal. (She grabs the mittens and puts them on a pile of her packed clothes. She puts them in her suitcase)

Marshal: And don't forget your tour book. I'm marking all the great cities you'll want to visit.

Mrs. Willows: Great, Marshal. Now, let's see: Shirts, pants, overcoats, socks. Am I forgetting anything?

(Marshal thinks for a moment, until Catherine barges in)

Catherine: Me! (She leaps into her mum's suitcase and tries shutting herself in, but her mum opens it)

Mrs. Willows: Catherine, we've been over this a million times.

Catherine: Please, mum, I need a little culture in my life! The Eiffel tower, the Sistine chapel, the Louvre in Rome!

Marshal: The Louvre is in Paris, sis.

Catherine: You see, I don't even know where the Louvre is. Please! Take me with you, mum!

Mrs. Willows: Catherine, for the last time. This is strictly a business trip. It's just not practical. Besides, I've hired your dad to take care of you while I'm gone.

(They then hear the sound of tires screeching and trash cans being knocked over. Mr. Willows opens the front door, dropping his bags on the floor)

Mr. Willows: I'm here! Hello! Anybody home?

All: Up here!

Mrs. Willows: We'll be right down.

(At that moment, The taxi arrives outside the front door)

Mrs. Willows: Well, my taxi's here. I'm sure gonna miss you, kids.

(She hugs them and runs down the stairs, as the driver waits for her outside)

Mrs. Willows: (To the driver) Just a minute.

Mr. Willows: Dalia, your jacket. (He gives Mrs. Willows her jacket)

Mrs. Willows: Oh, thanks.

Marshal: And your tickets. (He gives Mrs. Willows her plane tickets)

Mrs. Willows: Thanks, Marshal. (Catherine opens the door for her) Thanks, Catherine. (Catherine sneaks aboard) Catherine!

(The taxi backs up to the sidewalk, and Mrs. Willows sends Catherine out the door. Catherine sadly walks over to her dad and brother)

Mr. Willows: Don't worry about a thing, Dalia. The kids will be fine.

(The taxi leaves)

Catherine and Marshal: Bye mum!

Mr. Willows: Don't worry, Catherine. You'll get to see the world soon enough.

To be continued