Lars Winkelbauer - Air cargo carbon footprint and modern technology

Global trade is greatly facilitated by the air cargo industries. It significantly helps the international economy grow. It is also quite helpful because it is a quick, safe and cost-effective approach to help transport goods over long distances. The air cargo industry, however, produces a significant carbon footprint. This leads to an impact on the environment. This impact brings about many significant changes that are not favorable for life on the planet. People nowadays are becoming more aware of the need to take better steps when it comes to the health of the planet. Thus, sustainability is now a factor in great demand.

All industries across the globe are making changes to meet the demands of customers and their satisfaction. A significant amount is being invested in eco-friendly approaches by various industries. All with the aim of reducing the overall carbon footprint. The air cargo industry is all that different.

 Lars Winkelbauer - New York, United States discusses that in recent years, the air cargo industry has seen a significant increase due to the boom in e-commerce. This factor contributes to the importance of the need to implement ways that can help mitigate the damage that is caused to the environment.

Approaches with the help of modern technology

The recent technological developments have been playing a great part when it comes to ensuring that there is a reduction in the carbon footprint of the air cargo industry. Among the various changes, some prominent ones are as follows:

Introduction of Sustainable fuels

These days, sustainable aviation fuels are being encouraged. These are being made from various resources and their quality is determined by the quality of the same. This holds much value because they can significantly reduce the carbon footprint. They can contribute to the efficiency of the transport vehicle. These significantly improve the life of aircraft.

When blended with the traditional fuels, these produce high-quality results. By implementing numerous practices, they can meet all the required standards while adding to the sustainable approach when it comes to air transport. These days, the research is actively focused on ways in which these fuels can further be modified to contribute to the betterment of the process.

The use of a digital approach

In modern times, several digital approaches have been implemented in the air cargo industry. Automation is actively integrated in various processes. This allows for reducing various costs involved with resources. These greatly save time. Add to the overall efficiency of things. Help in the proper maintenance of data and add to its integrity. Machine language is being extensively integrated to further facilitate ease of use. The Internet of Things is helping build up a network that is connected and active.

Conclusion

Lars Winkelbauer states that technologies such as blockchain, automation, paperless approach and more are being actively implemented. This change is about reducing the overall carbon footprint efficiently. It must hence be noted that efforts to contribute to the same are gaining momentum.