The Leap

Double Update dedicated to committed_to_nature and ika_wrts

Arya:

Two years have passed since the day I walked away from Ishaan. I reclaimed my business, driven by the need to protect Eira, our daughter. Despite my attempts to reach out, Ishaan remained resolute in his silence. Aunty, Srusti, and Abhi tried to mediate, but I declined their efforts—knowing that any contact would only fuel Ishaan's anger.

Yet, there was a stark contrast in how he treated Eira. He sent her a mobile phone, calling her every day, and even met her at school. For holidays, he took her to his home. Although he denied me the use of his name as my husband, he ensured Eira's enrollment in school under his own name.

Loneliness became my constant companion without Ishaan. Anamika and Vikranth, my friends, supported me through the turmoil, helping me steer the business back on course. Despite initial setbacks, I gradually regained my position.

Tonight, in my room, Eira chatted with her dad on the phone. I sat beside her, gazing at the photos of Ishaan adorning the wall. Eira, ever mischievous, put the call on speaker—perhaps intentionally, so I could hear his voice.

"Eira, have you had dinner?" Ishaan's voice echoed through the room.

"Not yet, Dad. Mom just returned home. And you?" Eira replied.

"Eira, I must go. Talk to you tomorrow. Good night, honey," Ishaan's words hung in the air as he disconnected the call.

Ishaan, can’t you forgive me even after leaving me for two years? I respected your decision and left you and our house. I stopped contacting you and waited patiently for you to change your mind. But still, your anger toward me didn't go away. Is this distance permanent between us?

After feeding Eira, I watched her drift into a peaceful slumber. I found myself drawn to the gallery, where his photos were stored. The pain of our separation was a constant companion, and I wondered if he ever felt the same. Two years had passed, yet every moment was filled with his absence. I yearned for his voice, his presence, but it seemed he had found happiness without me. Perhaps he had moved on, or maybe his anger had eclipsed his love for me.

When he asked me to leave, my parents offered me refuge. But I couldn't accept, not when my father's illicit activities cast a long shadow over our lives. I had made mistakes under his influence, and I was determined not to repeat them. Eira deserved a better environment, and so I chose solitude for her sake. Despite Ishaan's criminal life, he always shielded Eira from it. He was always cautious when she was around. As I drifted off to sleep, my thoughts were filled with Ishaan and Eira.

The following day, I returned to the company, only to be met by my competitor, Vipin. Despite my suspicions, I allowed him into my office.

"Ms. Dhairya, it's a pleasure to see you back in business," Vipin greeted, presenting me with a bouquet.

"Thank you. What brought you here surprisingly?

"We heard your company won the contract to cater meals for all the government schools in the city. We're interested in taking over if you're willing to compromise."

I laughed lightly, responding, "I'm well aware of your tactics. Those meals are for children. I won't let you jeopardize their lives. Dhairya doesn't know how to back down. I suggest you leave my office immediately, or I'll call the security."

"Dhairya, you don't understand who you're dealing with."

"I don't care. Leave," I retorted.

"You'll see what I can do."

Vipin stormed out, leaving me to wonder where such people come from. For them, nothing mattered more than money.

Later that evening, as I was heading home, my car was abruptly stopped by a group of thugs. They assaulted my driver and attempted to abduct me. I noticed Vipin waiting in his car. Just as the goons were about to force me into the car, Vipin's phone rang. He broke into a sweat, ended the call, and ordered his goons to release me.

"I apologize, madam. I am really sorry."

Vipin escorted me back to my car and freed my driver.

"Ensure madam reaches home safely. If there's any trouble, call me," Vipin instructed the driver.

"Madam, if you ever need assistance or if anyone bothers you, just give me a call. I'll handle it. I apologize once again, madam," Vipin said as I instructed the driver to start the car.

Eira was already on a call with her father.

"Eira, convey my thanks to your father, but I don't need his favors," I said sarcastically.

Eira put the phone on speaker.

"Should I come there?" Ishaan asked.

His visit would be welcome, but I knew his words were a warning. How could I convince him without revealing the painful truth? And if I did reveal it, would he understand or despise me more?

Eira looked at me, and I replied, "Of course, anytime."

I left before he could utter another word. After two years of silence, his voice stirred a whirlwind of emotions within me - joy, sorrow, anger, and anticipation. I found myself hoping that his heart would soften soon.

I opened WhatsApp and noticed his profile picture on his number. He had blocked me earlier, but it seemed he had unblocked me. Seeing him online, I sent him a message.

"Thank you."

"But I heard something different just a few minutes ago."

Ishaan's reply filled me with both happiness and fear. I remained silent, gazing at his latest photo. His handsome features were enough to drive me to distraction. I was about to kiss his photo but he removed it.

"Instead of obsessing over my photo, you should focus on your safety. So that I won't have to do you any favors."

Why was he concerned about me? He had claimed not to love me. I needed to calm down. He had spoken to me after two years; I didn't want to ruin this by provoking him again.

"Look, legally, you're still my wife. If anything happens to you, it ruins my reputation. People would think I'm incapable of even protecting my own wife. That's why I stepped in. Don't mistake that for love. You don't deserve my love."

Ishaan's message hit me hard, and I closed my eyes, taking it all in. It was my foolishness to think he had changed. That was never going to happen. He had saved me for the sake of his reputation or perhaps for Eira, but he didn't love me anymore. Could I ever stop loving him and move on? Was it possible for me to forget him or stop loving him? Every minute, he occupied my thoughts. How could I put an end to this obsession and focus on my own life, just like he did?

Hi readers, Double Update is here. Hope you people love it. In the next few chapters, there would be romance between Mr and Mrs Unpredictable. Stay Tuned to see how the romance starts in the most unexpected way.