Six.

[ CHAPTER SIX ]
[ PRESENT TIMING
        NOVEMBER 18TH 1997 STILL
      AT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ]

                 [ CHAPTER SIX ]                [ PRESENT TIMING         NOVEMBER 18TH 1997 STILL       AT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ]

FLASHBACK MARCH 10th 19978 MONTHS EARLIER

8 MONTHS EARLIER

Clover had jumped out of her bed the minutes she heard her alarm ring,
Today—March 10th was her 17th birthday. She excitedly got ready for the day before stopping in front of her hamsters cage.

" Hey Mazzy, you know what day it is? It's my birthday." Clover went to speak again but she heard her name being yelled from the kitchen so she quickly fled downstairs seeing her dad.

" Happy birthday sweetheart." Keenan accepted the hug Clover brought him into before pulling back and turning toward the stove. " I made pancakes and eggs, so sit and eat." He handed her a plate with said food on it to which Clover nodded and sat at the kitchen table. Clover awkwardly looked around for gifts or a sign of anything but found nothing. " What's wrong?" Keenan noticed her looking around.

" I just thought, it'd-it'd be more special but it's okay. I'm grateful." Clover mumbled but from the heavy sigh her father let out she knew he heard her. Birthdays were something the family of two no longer celebrated, after Clover's mother—Maggie passed away birthdays never felt the same without her.

" I'm sorry." He apologized while kissing her head, grabbing his coffee from the counter and quickly leaving out the door.

FLASHBACK OVER

     Maverick was still stood in front of the VCR watching the footage of Clover stumble and shiver while walking out of the woods.

" These stupid ass cops are always harassing me. I wish they would come in here, they aren't getting anything out of me." Letty now sat back in her seat across from Vienna who leaned forward on her elbows.

" Do you know why you're here? What'd they say? I saw Juno and the others with some boys on the way here." Vienna questioned but informed the girl of her friends whereabouts.