Chapter Ten

BORN TO DIE
CHAPTER TEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     Tahlia nervously swallowed as she stood in the shadows.

By the time Tahlia discovered her morning sickness, Anakin was already sent to the Outer Rim. It felt like forever since the last time Tahlia saw him. Sometimes, when he's not busy, she talks to him over a hologram, but Tahlia wanted to tell him the wonderful news in person.

Padmé was the only one who knows she's carrying a child and since she found out, she's been taking care of Tahlia, always making sure her and the baby are healthy.

When she found out she was pregnant, Tahlia was happy, but the smile quickly faded away when she remembered herself and her husband were Jedi. If the Jedi council found out she was pregnant with Anakin's baby, her and Anakin would be kicked out.

Hearing the familiar voice that belonged to her husband, Tahlia snapped her head up and saw him walking with Bail Organa.

Sensing a familiar presence, Anakin turned and saw his beautiful wife standing behind a pillar. Excitement rushed through him. It's been a while since he last saw her in person, since he held her and kissed her. All he could think about while he was in the Outer Rim was her.

"Excuse me." He politely said to Bail.

"Certainly."

Once Bail was far enough, Anakin hurriedly rushed to his wife, scooping her up in his arms and spinning her around. He set her back on her feet, grabbing her by the back of the neck and pulling her in for a desperate kiss. Tahlia sank into him as she kissed him back. After a while, Anakin pulled back, cupping her face with his hands.

"I've missed you, Tahlia." He said, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"I missed you." She replied, her gaze staring into his. She pressed a kiss on his palm. "So much."

"It feels like we've been apart for a lifetime." Anakin whispered, leaning down and pressing a kiss on her jaw. "And it might have been, if the chancellor hadn't been kidnapped. I don't think I would've survived being away from you much longer."

He attempted to pull her in for a kiss, but Tahlia placed a hand on his chest to stop him. She wanted to kiss him so badly, but they were out in the open.

She shook her head. "Not here."

"Yes, here." He whispered, having no care in the entire galaxy if someone saw them. "I'm tired of all this deception. I don't care if they know we're married."

"Anakin." Tahlia spoke sternly. "Don't say things like that."

Instead of responding, Anakin pulled her in for a hug. In that moment, Tahlia started to shake in his arms because she realized it was time to break the news to him. Anakin noticed and drew back from her, staring down at his wife in concern.

"Are you alright? You're trembling." He asked, tilting his head in concern. "What's going on?"

"Something wonderful has happened." She said after a moment, taking a deep breath. "Ani, I'm pregnant."

Anakin just stared at her, not saying a word. His silence was making her nervous. She sensed joy, but also shock in him. After a while, Anakin released a breathless laugh.

"That's— That's wonderful." He said, and Tahlia was relieved at his response.

"What are we going to do?" She panicked. "I'm honestly terrified because if anyone finds out, especially the Jedi council, we're—"

"Hey, hey." Anakin cut her off, gently grabbing her face with his hands. "Let's not worry about that right now. This is a happy moment. The happiest moment of my life."

And he pulled her in for a kiss, and Tahlia didn't bother to push him back.

They were having a baby, and that's all that mattered.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

That night, Tahlia stood on the balcony to the apartment Padmé got for the married couple. She knew they needed their privacy so she bought them their own apartment.

Slowly, Tahlia was brushing her hair while admiring the city lights. Behind her stood Anakin, his shoulder pressed against the wall as he stared lovingly at her. He could stare at her every second of the day, and he wouldn't get tired of it.

"Ani, I want our baby back home on Alderaan." Tahlia spoke, feeling his gaze on her, but she continued to stare at Coruscant. "I want to raise our child there. I can picture us there, the three of us happy and free with nothing to worry about."

Anakin didn't respond to her as he continued to admire her. He really found himself being the luckiest man in the entire galaxy.

"You are so... beautiful." Anakin finally said.

Tahlia blushed as she turned to her very handsome husband. He said it out of nowhere, but she wasn't complaining. She loved getting compliments from him.

Tahlia smiled. "It's only because I'm so in love."

Anakin shook his head as he chuckled. "No, it's because I'm so in love with you."

"So love has blinded you?"

Again, Anakin chuckled. "Well, that's not exactly what I meant."

"But it's probably true." Tahlia said with a smile.

Anakin opened his mouth to say something, but closed it shut. Tahlia giggled, the beautiful noise making him smile wide. He was so deeply in love with her and would do anything for her, even if it meant harming the entire galaxy along with it.

"What are you thinking about?" Tahlia asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Anakin stepped away from the wall and approached her, wrapping both arms around her. "You. I'm always thinking about you."

Tahlia smiled before she pressed her lips onto his. Anakin's hand moved to the back of her head, the kiss deepening.