Golgi X Rough E.R. (WARNING SEVERE ANGST) (hurt -comfort)

Golgi and Rough E.R. were happily working together in the production and packaging of proteins. They were getting a lot of work done, until Nucleus came to deliver a message. "Hey everyone! We need to start mitosis! Put everything on hold!" The chromosomes started to pile out of the nucleus. Rough E.R. looked at Golgi with a scared look.

     Golgi runs into Rough E.R.'s embrace."What are we gonna do, my little reticulum?" Rough E.R. responds, "I'm not sure, Golgi-poo..." Golgi could already see the mitotic spindles forming around them. "Where is Smooth E.R.?" asks Golgi frantically. Rough E.R. and Golgi turned around to see Smooth E.R. being engulfed by a lysosome. "STOP! STOP!" yelled Rough E.R.. It was too late.

     A day or so later, the two could feel their home splitting. They watched their chromosome friends split in half. They could see a new part of the cell membrane forming. Golgi cried. Rough E.R. cried even more.

     Rough E.R. started to drift through thick cytoplasm. He was drifting towards the new membrane. "GOLGI, HELP!" Golgi tried everything, but nothing seemed to work. The cell was entering telophase. If Golgi didn't save Rough E.R., he might never see him again. Golgi looked at Rough E.R. with tears in his eyes. "I love you, my favorite E.R., I hope to see you again."

     Over the next couple days, Golgi tried to cope. He couldn't go to work, because of how heartbroken he was. It took a full week after mitosis was complete for Golgi to return to his job. The cell was in disarray from his disappearance. Golgi trudged his way to work. He got seated in his position. Slowly, he regained his strength. He looked up and saw the Rough E.R.. It couldn't be the one he knew, right?

     "Golgi?" Rough E.R. turned around. "No way... Golgi!" Rough E.R. ran to hug Golgi. Golgi was in a state of shock. "R-rough E.R...?" They hugged for a long while, exchanging a kiss. "I love you..." said Golgi.

"...I love you too." Rough E.R. said.