His Sudden Arrival

Arya:

The following day, I was at my office when a reporter approached me with an invitation for an interview on their news channel. Initially, I was inclined to decline, but the reporter persuaded me by emphasizing the potential impact my story could have on ambitious women with dreams. I eventually agreed and attended the interview a week later as scheduled.

"Madam, you are a beacon of inspiration for many women. Could you share with us the beginnings of your journey?"

"I launched my company with the support of my friends. We started small, operating out of a tiny room, creating unique and affordable designs without compromising on quality. It was not a smooth journey as we faced hurdles and obstacles on the way. Our orders gradually increased, and within two years, we expanded and began exporting our clothes. Later, I ventured into education and hospitality, starting a school and a restaurant. Currently, all three branches of my business are thriving."

"Madam, you are the daughter of a former MP, but we've never heard you mention this. Do you have any issues with your father?"

"No, I simply prefer not to use my father's name to grow
in life. I believe in my skills, talent, and hard work."

"Madam, we have a personal question. We know you have a daughter, but no one has seen your husband. Our viewers are eager to know about him and his role in your success."

I recalled Ishaan's strict instruction to never publicly acknowledge him as my husband. What was I to do?

"I cannot disclose my husband's name in public out of respect for his privacy."

"But madam, we've heard that your husband has never visited you. You still use your father's last name in official documents. Are you an unmarried mother, or has your husband abandoned you? Or are you a second wife, which is why you're maintaining silence?"

"I cannot comment on that at this time. Thank you."

I exited the studio, ignoring the reporter and the crew. The media and society began to troll me, creating offensive memes and hurtful captions that tarnished my reputation. Everyone had their own version of my story and their own theories about why I didn't reveal Ishaan's name. Even though Ishaan isn't Eira's biological father, I couldn't bear the thought of naming Varun as my husband or Eira's father. Ishaan was the one who showed me love and pampered Eira as a father.

I spent the entire night awake. Only Ishaan could save me from this humiliation by allowing me to reveal his name as my husband, but his hatred seemed to want me to endure this insult. The next morning, the watchman approached me.

"Madam, there's a visitor for you," the watchman informed me.

"I'm not in the mood to meet anyone right now. Ask them to come later and take their contact details. I'll get back to them," I replied.

"But madam, he didn't heed my words. He walked straight into the living room and sat down. He refuses to leave."

"Unbelievable! How dare he enter without my permission! Call the police. I'm coming downstairs."

I descended the stairs, my licensed revolver in hand for safety. The man was sitting with his back to me, engrossed in the news that was trolling me.

"Excuse me, who are you? How dare you barge in like this? If you don't leave immediately, the police will be here to take you to the station."

I aimed the revolver at him, but as he turned to face me, I was taken aback. I quickly lowered the weapon.

"Madam, the DSP is on the line."

"Sir, I apologize. It was a misunderstanding," I said, ending the call.

"So, when are the police arriving? I'll wait," the man, Ishaan, taunted.

"I didn't expect you here."

"You should converse with the person before calling the police and getting the person tortured."

His words were a clear jab at our past. Does he ever miss an opportunity to chide me?

"Get me a coffee. I'm tired from traveling."

I nodded and prepared the coffee myself, much to the surprise of the maids and staff. After finishing his coffee, Ishaan looked at me.

"I need to freshen up, but I didn't bring anything other than a pair of clothes."

"No problem. I'll arrange everything for your shower."

I instructed the driver to fetch everything he needed to freshen up and get ready. I knew he was particular about certain soaps and shampoos, so I asked the driver to bring exactly what he used. I prepared a bath for him with lukewarm water and added lavender essential oil. I lit a scented candle and made sure everything was ready. I led him to my room, where he noticed his photos on the wall. By the time he was ready, I had prepared his favorite dishes for lunch.

"Join me for lunch. After all, this is your palace," Ishaan said, taunting me yet again. After lunch, he borrowed a car and left for a meeting. He returned late in the evening. We were having dinner together with Eira when I received a call from Anamika, urging me to watch the news. I turned on the TV and was shocked to see Ishaan publicly acknowledging that he was my husband.

"Dhairya is my wife and Eira is my daughter. Dhairya didn't reveal my name as her husband because we chose to maintain confidentiality. Here are the documents that legalized our marriage. You can also find my name on Eira's school documents.

Dhairya didn't use my name or her father's name anywhere because she's a self-made and independent woman. She has the ability to succeed on her own. That's not a mistake.

I don't understand why our media and social media are always ready to assassinate a woman's character. Learn to respect every woman as you would your mother. Stop trolling and making fun of a woman's character for your entertainment.

From now on, I don't want to see any memes or trolls about my wife, or I won't hesitate to file a complaint for defamation. I will go to any lengths to protect my wife's happiness and reputation. Keep that in mind."

I watched as Ishaan played with Eira, acting as if nothing had happened. He cares even when angry. Maybe this is the reason why my heart yearns for him and can't stop loving him. I admire him for his timely action and the care he has for his wife and child. No anger or hatred could ever erase that care he has for us.

Later, he claimed the bed in my room, and I hesitated, unsure of his reaction to sharing it.

"Are you planning on sleeping here in this room?" I asked.

"Why? Do you want me to sleep in the living room or outside the house?" Ishaan retorted, his tone serious.

"No, that's not what I meant."

"I'm exhausted, don't bother me. I'm going to sleep. If you're uncomfortable sharing the bed with me, that's your decision."

His harsh words stung. Couldn't he be gentle for once?

Ishaan lulled Eira to sleep and then drifted off himself. I settled down beside him. Next morning, I found myself cuddling him. I smiled and planted a kiss on his forehead, causing him to stir awake. I quickly got up and dashed to the washroom to avoid his scolding. After a while, he got ready and descended the stairs with his bag.

"I'm leaving," Ishaan announced.

"When will you return?" I asked, a hopeful note creeping into my voice unintentionally. Ishaan merely looked at me, then left without a word.

Two years passed before he returned, but he didn't speak to me. Had he come solely for that press conference? My mind was filled with questions. Then, my gaze landed on the papers on the table. I was taken aback by what I saw.

Hi readers, how is this episode? Does he still love her? Would he forgive her ever? Why is he avoiding her if he loves her?