THIRTEEN

"memories - david guetta ft kid cudi"

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping and the ocean waves

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping and the ocean waves. Dad not being here made everything so peaceful, something which I hadn't experienced in years. I checked the time and it was already noon. I hadn't slept till the afternoon in such a long time and it actually felt so refreshing to let my mind and body rest.

The house was a mess. Beer cans scattered across the floor, empty bags of coke laid out on the table. I grabbed a bin bag and began chucking everything away. The least I could do was make it less crackhead looking than it usually is. I grabbed a wet cloth, wiped down the kitchen sides and empty the rubbish out into the outside bins.

I picked a handful of tulips that had grown in the garden. That was the only nice thing about this house. The garden. It was a place Mum would put her love and care into, ensuring it was pretty. God I miss her, I wonder what she'd think if she could see me now. Probably disappointment as I'm pretty much going down the same path as my Dad.

I placed the tulips into a vase on the window sill adding some sort of colour to the burnt out look of the living room.

I felt my phone ping in the back of my shorts.

Topper has promised a party tonight, pls come x

Sarah and her parties will be the death of me. Jokes it will be me, I will be the death of me.

Sure pick me up at eight? X x

Sarah sends back a thumbs up. Every night there was a party in this town, it's no wonder it's full of alcoholics. Kooks sure know how to party but not like a Pogue. We drink crap beer and get shitfaced till we can't stand up. Kooks just have expensive liquor and poker. Boring.

I decided for the rest of the afternoon I would paint. I grabbed a small canvas and my acrylics and set myself up in front of my bedroom window. The view from here was stunning.

I painted the surprisingly calming waves of the ocean, a flock of birds making a regular appearance helping me fit the aesthetic. I finely stroked my brush on the canvas, feeling myself fall back in love with what once was mine and Mum's passion.

I painted for at least three hours my hand aching slightly from the angle of holding my brush. I smiled at my completed work and popped it in front of the open window to dry.

I headed for a shower wanting to freshen up before the party. Hopefully there were some hot boys to help me take my mind of Rafe and his weird antics.

I decided to do my signature look of dark smokey eyes. I brushed the black shadow onto my lids, smudging it slightly. I then applied a thick black liner to my water line to finish the eye look. I put on some light foundation to match my disgusting pale English skin tone. Added a little blush to brighten up the apples of my cheeks and then I finished with a dark red gloss, sliding it across my lips.