𝟔 | 𝐓𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩.

When placing yourself in high risk situations I've found it best to go in with a clear mind and light heart

When placing yourself in high risk situations I've found it best to go in with a clear mind and light heart. Stress eats away at your mind. It clouds your judgement hindering you vulnerable.

It's like watching two people fight. Tell me who wins. The big bulky guy whose body is stiff, who moves a few seconds too late overthinking about his opponent? He uses the same techniques unable to adapt to his opponents fight style?

No. He may have the strength but let me know when you get into a bench pressing contest with a walker. No. It's going to be the man who can think quickly on his feet because in the moment nothing else matters.

Nothing else is taking up space at the front of his mind. He can pay attention, flow through the ring effortlessly adapting to how the situation will turn. Trust me, high risk situations turn south a lot.

When I make it down the steel steps Carl's head is being swallowed by one of the clean riot gear helmets we found.

I needed to loosen up after the conversation with Lori so I didn't resist the urge to knock on the helmet as I walked by. It fell back downwards covering his eyes as I turned to Beth who was smiling over at me.

"You alright?" Danny asked noticing my red eyes and smile that didn't reach them. "No." I rolled my shoulders back. Every part of me felt stiff.

"What do you need from me?" His tone low not alerting the others who stood strapping their vests on. Rick crushing Carl's hope of going with us bought me a couple minutes. "Watch my back and pull my focus if needed." He nodded.

Beth stepped over to me handing me a vest to put on. In a last ditch effort to keep me with her longer she grabbed my arm as I went to leave. "Be careful."

"Let's go." Rick said turning to the group of us.

A broken smile was all I had in me right now. Leaning forward as I towered over her, I wrapped my hand around her throat firmly. Pulling her by the neck gently I harnessed some of her spirit as my lips pressed against hers. I kept her in my hand as I sucked in her bottle lip to capture it between my teeth. Sending a small bite down as I hear the faintest of moans.

My hand removes from the hold as I pull away. My eyes open just in time to see the astonishing look on her face. Her eyes opened as she looks up to view me.

"You'll stay with me and Jamie tonight okay? I'll talk to Hershel after dinner." Her excitement only grew. "Really? You mean it?"

"Yeah. Why don't you go move your stuff into our cell. I'll be back soon." She couldn't get away from me fast enough after leaning up on her tippy toes to kiss my cheek. "Okay."