𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

𝔽 𝔸 𝕐 𝔼

It all started when Faye was walking back from the garden one sunny afternoon, humming a tune and thinking about what was for lunch. She opened the back door, expecting Mrs. Macready to scold her about something or other, but the housekeeper wasn't there. Shrugging it off, Faye began climbing the stairs to her room. She was so deep in thought (about her book, no doubt) that she didn't notice the blonde boy (also deep in thought, apparently) walking towards her until they collided.

Faye gasped in surprise. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" She raised her voice at him, annoyed.

The boy looked taken aback, his cheeks beginning to redden. "You were the one who ran into me!" He said, now annoyed. "You should watch where you're going." She scoffed and began walking away. Then, she realized something. Mrs. Macready had never mentioned any other guests before.

"Hey, who are you? I haven't seen other kids around here since I arrived."

"Wouldn't you like to know," The boy snarked back at her.

Faye rolled her eyes. "I would...that's why I'm asking. But seriously, who are you?"

The boy eyed her suspiciously. "Peter. Peter Pevensie."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Faye. Faye Schuyler." She held out her hand for him to shake, and as their hands clasped, a crackle of energy passed between them, causing both teens to jerk their arms away.

"S-sorry," Peter stammered, unsure of what just happened.

"It's...it's alright," Faye said, smiling nervously. Now that she actually could see his face instead of the top of his head looking down at the floor, she realized that he was actually quite cute. He looked about her age, maybe 16 or 17. Peter's blonde hair was slightly wavy, and his aquamarine blue eyes were still suspicious but beginning to relax. He was tall, and handsome. He reminded Faye of someone she had seen in her visions, but she couldn't exactly place who.

"So, when did you get here?" She asked, trying to break the silence.

"Just this morning. Our mother sent us to live with the Professor because our..." He sighed deeply. "Our father is fighting in the war." There was a sadness to his tone that Faye recognized immediately, having felt it herself. She debated whether or not to put her hand on Peter's shoulder.

"My father's fighting in the war too," Faye said simply. "I miss him a lot." She looked at him. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Three," He said. "Susan, Edmund, and Lucy."

"Do you have to care for them most of the time?"

Peter looked at her curiously. "In fact, I do. With Dad gone and Mom working, I have to be both the parent and the older brother. What about you?"

"I have two siblings. Twins, actually. One brother, one sister. Their names are Elle and James." She smiled sadly. "I have to watch them a lot back home. Sometimes they get on my nerves, but believe it or not, I miss them. I hope they're alright."

"What about your mother? Where is she?" Peter asked, walking next to Faye through the quiet hallway. "She...my father says that she is dead," Faye admitted. She refused to look at Peter, whom she sensed had stopped beside her. He touched her arm. 

"I am so sorry." 

Faye didn't respond, just nodded. An awkward silence passed between them, neither teen not knowing quite what to say. 

"Well, it seems we have a lot in common," Faye told him. 

Peter smiled at her. "I guess we do. Would you like to come meet my siblings? I promise I won't let them annoy you to death."