𝟕 | 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬.

Oh the judgements I'd face if my mother were still alive to see me now

Oh the judgements I'd face if my mother were still alive to see me now. She loved me whole heartedly but she probably wouldn't be surprised if you told her I ended up in prison.

Mental health, more so mental illnesses weren't very commonly spoken about or acknowledged when we were growing up. There still is a lot of stigma surrounding mental illness today. It was for the most part seen as a weakness that you just snap out of.

I'm sure that way of thinking made it hard for tons of people who dealt with any form of mental illness. In my experience being diagnosed with an anger disorder was hard on my family but more so my mom.

She blamed herself for the way I suffered at the hands of my own mind. Somehow it meant that she failed me as a mother. She begged the doctors to put me on medication to help fix me which ultimately led to the diagnosis.

I have to laugh about it now though because I wasn't broken then like I am now. The more out of control I got back then so did her fear. She never came right out and said it but I knew part of her was scared of me.
I seen it in her face whenever she'd look at me and hear it in her voice, which used to break when thinking I'd be set off by something.

Wonder what she'd think of me now?
Would she still blame the man I became on herself?

Dad and Rick always were the ones to calm me down or stay with me till I came back down from an episode. She always tried to but if I reached a certain level of rage she'd end up shutting down. I never faulted her but we all could see that she beat herself up for it more than we ever would be able to.

I hope that she knew how much I loved her. I could kill a man right now with no remorse but having my mom think she wasn't a good enough mother or that she was to blame for my pain, it still kills me to this day.

"Don't look like no rescue team to me

"Don't look like no rescue team to me." One of the prisoners stated as he looked Daryl up and down.

It was hard to focus on anything right now other than Hershel bleeding out with an amputated leg. Glenn didn't give a care in the world cutting through the stand off currently happening. "You have medical supplies?"