His Rudeness and Pain

Arya:

After getting ready, I descended to the dining area. To my surprise, the table was laden with my favorite dishes. I took a seat next to Ishaan, who shot me a glare but didn't protest.

"Aunty, all these dishes are my favorites. Did you have them prepared especially for me?" I asked, to which aunty subtly gestured towards Ishaan.

"No, Arya. It seems someone who knows your preferences well ordered the food," aunty replied, causing Ishaan to halt his eating.

"Can't you just eat quietly? You're such a nuisance!" Ishaan scolded me, his attitude unyielding. After dinner, I retreated to our room, where I found father and daughter engrossed in a cheerful conversation, leaving me out.

"Who gave you permission to enter my room?" Ishaan interrupted his chat to question me.

"This is my room too."

"From the day I discovered your truth, I made it clear that you're no longer allowed in my room. Don't make a scene, go to the guest room. Or would you want me to lock you up again?"

"As if you haven’t already," I retorted.

"What do you mean?"

"You've already trapped me in this marriage by refusing to grant a divorce. As long as I'm your wife, I have a right to stay in this room. If you're uncomfortable with that, grant me a divorce," I countered, folding my arms.

"Ah, I forgot. You're not Arya, my wife, who respected my words and did everything to gain my love. Even prepared herself  to apologize to those who insulted her, all for my sake. But you're Dhairya, who would stop at nothing to achieve her goals, even if it means torturing innocent people or taking their lives. Why would you listen to me? Instead, you'd use your cunning ways to manipulate me into doing your bidding. How could I forget the cunning Dhairya?"

"Enough, Ishaan. Just because I'm maintaining silence doesn't mean you can accuse me incessantly," I shouted back, his darkening gaze sending a chill down my spine.

He glanced at Eira and stormed out of the room. After putting Eira to sleep, I sought him out and found him in the garden.

"Ishaan."

"What? Can't you give me a moment of peace here?"

"I didn't..."

Ishaan spun around, grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards him.

"Am I blaming you? If it wasn't for my love for you, I would have shown no mercy. Didn’t you use your power to torment me at the police station? Didn’t you sabotage my business? Didn’t you shoot Amrita? I didn’t know who you were or why you were after me, but at every turn, you were there, breaking my heart. The most painful heartbreak is realizing that the one I loved and cherished is the nightmare of my life. Everyone sympathizes with your pain and is ready to take your side, but what about me? Can anyone understand my pain? No one can. Just imagine, what if I did the same to you? Changing my identity, hiding the truth, making you fall completely for me. Isn't this betrayal? Every time I see you, I want to inflict the same pain you caused me, but I can’t.

I trusted you more than I trusted my own mother. Now tell me, what would you do if you were in my shoes? Would you forgive me? Could you love and trust me again? Would you give me a second chance?"

"No," I replied, looking into his eyes which reflected the pain of my betrayal. He let go of my hand and then, unexpectedly, hugged me. Before I could react, he left the place.

I decided to leave the next day, understanding that my presence was reopening his wounds. I packed my bags and told aunty to look after Eira, who was excited about the wedding. As I was about to leave, Ishaan looked at me, his face a question mark.

"Where are you going?"

"Something came up and I need to be there. So, I have to leave," I said, avoiding his gaze as it was difficult for me to lie to him.

"When will you stop lying to me?" Ishaan retorted, "Go to your room without arguing. You're not going anywhere until the wedding."

"But..."

"Didn't you hear what I said? Go inside," Ishaan commanded in a low but firm tone. I glanced around, noticing everyone watching us. I quietly retreated to our room. Why does he always try to control and command? Can't he be gentle?

Later, he entered the room and I stood up upon seeing him.

"Are you giving me a standing ovation? Sit down."

"I know you don't like me being here."

Ishaan approached me and folded his arms, looking at me.

"Done?" Ishaan asked, continuing, "Arya, everyone wants you to be present at the wedding and I promised Srusti that you would attend her wedding. So, I don't want to break that promise, whether I like it or not. I hope you won't complicate things."

I agreed to stay and Ishaan didn't show any further hatred towards me. However, I noticed him stealing glances at me occasionally and quickly looking away when I caught him. I hoped this wedding would bring a change in him.

We were busy with the house decorations when Ishaan received a phone call. He left hurriedly, which worried me. I waited for him to return home, fearing something was wrong. I hoped he wasn't in any trouble. Just then, aunty called us to the living room and I went there. I was shocked by the news. I tried to call him but couldn't get through, which increased my anxiety. Other relatives started making comments as they pleased.

"Enough. No one has the right to speak about my husband. I know what he is. Everyone, please leave. This is our personal matter," I declared, and they left without another word.

Hi readers, how's the episode? What might be the news? Did he get into any trouble and would this create more distance between them or gets them closer? 🤔🤔🤔🤔