When it rains, it pours.

Preston was starting to dislike this constant demand for work. It felt taunting, knowing that he was just a pawn in The Boss's game. Just a piece to get closer to winning.

Of course, before then, he was totally fine with that! He was loyal to his creator, and he liked doing "bad" stuff, so... why was he feeling so conflicted?

For some reason, it just felt wrong. Trying to hurt Riggy, specifically. He wasn't sure why that bugged him so much. He had no problem fighting Riggy before, so why was he so hesitant now? What made him change like this? It made him feel bad, for both hurting Riggy and even having thoughts of disobeying The Boss. The Boss was his creator! He was supposed to be faithful, so... why was he having second thoughts? He wasn't programmed to think, he was programmed to obey.

He didn't like showing sympathy. That would be stupid! It made him vulnerable, and that's the last thing he wanted, but... it didn't stop him from feeling sympathy. Even when he paid Riggy a visit while he was in the hospital at Toonville, he felt like he cared way too much, and he knew that Riggy knew too.

As he sulked in his own pit of despair and thoughts, The Boss suddenly called him to his office. He quickly sprung back to life and ran over there without a second thought.

"Hello, Clone Riggy." The Boss greeted. Preston stifled a scoff. "I told you not to call me that..." He grumbled out quietly.

"What was that?" The Boss said in a threatening tone. "Oh, n-nothing!" Preston quickly took it back. He knew what power The Boss held, so he didn't want to anger him and make him do something bad. "That's what I thought..."

"We need to find a new way to get rid of these creators..." He continued. "They're intoxicating the minds of a generation with worthless, unneeded information." Preston debated to himself whether he should talk back to that statement, but his thoughts were cut off by the person in front of him speaking once again.

"We want to get rid of these people permanently, and our last way didn't seem to work-" "Who's we?" Preston interrupted.

He immediately regretted what he said, but he thought it would be suspicious to immediately try and take back the statement, so he waited until The Boss replied.

It was a fairly long pause until another word was spoken. "What did you say?" 4 words that Preston hated hearing.

"I- I apologize, sir, it slipped out. I didn't think before I spoke." He spoke quickly, noticeably anxious as his voice was a bit shaky. Especially with the stutter, he cursed at himself for messing up his speech like that.

"Well if those are the things you've been thinking, what other disorderly thoughts have you been having?" He didn't really ask in a sincere way, more a way that he was digging for reasons to punish Preston.

He could've worded it in a different way, but okay. Preston thought to himself. He shook off the thought. Maybe it was best if he just lied. "None that I can list off of the top of my head." The Boss hummed in acknowledgment, and a loud silence let itself into the room. He felt uncomfortable, and he knew that The Boss knew that he felt uncomfortable, and he knew that he was doing it on purpose. Eventually he replied again. "I want you to be honest with me, Clone Riggy."

"I told you to stop calling me that." Preston finally spat out, no trying to hide it or anything. The Boss growled in frustration. "Since when did you make that decision?"

"Since recently."

"Stop changing the subject. Tell me, what's on your mind?" He was speaking like he cared, like it was a trap, but Preston decided it wouldn't hurt to give a truthful answer, right?