009.

Danyella, Andrea and Carol didn't make it back to the car. Lori was tryna not to break down, Shane and Rick didn't come back, Carl went missing and Dani got lost in the herd. Once we got off the land and weren't hundreds of walkers to worry about, I got let out. I got to sit on the back of the pick up, it was cold but I'd rather shivering in the cold than a screaming toddler in my ear in this little one by one space.

I fell asleep in the back, my head up against the back window, I was exhausted and hungry. My mind is so slow and I need time for my memory and things to load so I can process them.
"He— hey! Woah!" I heard T-Dog's voice as the car screeched to a stop. I started to slid down slightly making my head hit the metal which definitely woke me up.
"Then turn around or you let us out right now," Lori said sternly, I sat up looking around, my eyes still closed mostly to the sun that's now arrived. I'm confused to what I missed and why I'm getting out, am I getting out?

Mia taps her finger tips on the window staring at me, she stopped crying.
"You're outta your damn minds," he says and Lori closed her door again, T-Dog went to make a u-turn.
"Oh," I muttered, holding onto the side of the car as he went into this ditch this, the car bouncing the whole time.

We passed a few walkers but T-Dog would just move the car to the other side of the road. Tyre tracks in the road coming from the direction we were goin', highway. I think everyone felt better when they saw that, they weren't old tracks.

〰️

"Oh, thank God!" Lori jumped out the car as Carl ran to her, Rick and Carol smiled. I hoped over the side and put my backpack on my back again. Maggie hugged her dad then Beth, they were the only family reunions it seems like,
"Where's Dani?" Carl asked, looked to the car then back to his mum, everyone looked around,
"Daddy, daddy!" Mia jumped down and ran round the car, her arms out ready for her dad to hug her but he never did.

"Wheres the rest of us?" Daryl glanced over to the toddler with a pout and arms now crossed,
"We're the only ones who made it so far," Rick answered and Lori stood up,
"Shane?" Her voice broke, Rick shook his head and his eyes went to the little girl frowning, lookin' to Rick to have a better answer.

"Andrea?" Glenn asked,
"She saved me then I lost her," Carol answered.
"Dani?" I then asked where my friend was,
"She was with me, last I saw her was with Andrea," Carol then answered again.
I started to tear up and so did Carl, she was my only friend.
"Patricia?" Hershel asked,
"They got her too," Beth said quietly, holding Maggie's hand, "took her right in front of me. I was— I was holding onto her, Daddy. She just—" she started to sob into her dad's chest.

"You definitely saw Danyella?" Carol asked,
"I'm gonna go back," Rick starts walking to the car,
"No," Daryl stopped him,
"We can't just leave her," Rick argued,
"We don't even know if she's there," Lori added, she didn't want to admit but it's true.
"She isn't there, she isn't, she's somewhere else or she's dead. There's no way to find her," I frowned at Daryl's words, that's harsh.
"Excuse me?" Rick turned around, walking up to him, his head tilted slightly.

"Hey, hey, hey," T-Dog jumped in prepared to get in the middle if it broke into a fight. I covered my ears and went to sit in the car facing away from them, I shadow casted over me,
"It's alright," he tapped my knee with the back of his hand to get me to open my eyes.
"Where's Dani?" I pouted, I really wanted my friend,
"She's out there somewhere, she's alive I know it," he nodded to his words and I started to nod with him because he's right. Dani is really brave, much more than me.