I Trust Him

Double Update dedicated to arooj2001 and committed_to_nature

Arya:

Ishaan arrived home after a while. He was about to retreat to his room when his mom intercepted him.

"Ishaan, what's all this? Is this why you've been avoiding Arya for the past two years?" His mom said and he clenched without speaking anything. Ishaan, usually a figure of power and pride, was silent, his eyes reflecting guilt and sorrow. His once intimidating demeanor had faded into a dull shell.

Srusti chimed in, "How could you do this to our sister-in-law? We never expected this from you."

Ishaan remained silent, his gaze lowered, avoiding everyone's eyes. It was the first time I had seen him so subdued.

"Enough, everyone. His silence doesn't mean he's guilty. I trust my husband. He would never cheat on me. I suspect Kiara has set a trap for him. I believe Ishaan will soon prove his innocence."

"But Arya, he was found in a hotel room with her," someone pointed out.

I responded firmly, "Not everything we see or hear is always the truth. Just because he was with Kiara doesn't mean he's at fault. I know he would never stoop so low as to betray his wife."

"Ishaan, please go to your room. No one here has the right to question your character. You don't owe anyone an explanation."

With that, he left the room.

Later, while I was busy with some work, his mom asked me to give him a cup of coffee. I was hesitant, knowing he was in a bad mood, but I also knew he needed a strong coffee. I found him in our room, sitting on the sofa, holding his head. Sometimes I wonder how he handles everything with patience, even though everyone sees only his anger. He looked exhausted. I handed him the coffee, which he drank quickly.

As I was about to leave, he grabbed my wrist. "Head massage," he said, pointing to his forehead.

I was taken aback. "Me?" I asked, surprised.

He got up to leave, irritated. "Oh, I forgot. Dhairya would be too insulted to do such things."

His arrogance irked me. I wish I could punch him for his arrogance, but yet I always end up kissing him in reality.

"Sit," I commanded, and began to massage his head.

"Thank you," he murmured.

"You're tired," I said.

"If only I had someone to share my responsibilities, I wouldn't be so tired. Someone who understands me, someone I can rely on," he said, his words heavy with meaning.

I understood what he was trying to say.

"I was trapped by Kiara. She had lured me to a hotel room under the pretense of being in danger. My negligence had led to my current situation. I had managed to get out of police custody using my influence, but the news had already spread on social media."

"You don't need to explain anything to me."

"You're right. I'm not answerable to anyone except you. As your husband, I owe you my loyalty. I will prove my innocence soon. I know you trust me, but I still need to set things right."

I nodded and kissed his forehead. Despite his flaws, his temper, his controlling nature - I loved this man for this. He was perfect in his imperfections, just as I was in mine. We shared a moment of silence, a moment of comfort, forgetting everything else for a few minutes.