𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧- close by

One hour had passed on the bus ride, and I was still listening to music in my ear buds, silently as Rick slept next to me, his head still resting against the window

One hour had passed on the bus ride, and I was still listening to music in my ear buds, silently as Rick slept next to me, his head still resting against the window. I looked at him, his eyes closed and his breath falling steadily, and a feeling of tenderness came over me.

He was sleeping so peacefully and it was quite admirable.

As I rocked my head to the music, enjoying the solitude and quiet atmosphere, I suddenly felt Rick's head shift from the window to me, on my shoulder, and he was laying on me. My heart thumped in my chest as it made me jump with surprise, my nerves suddenly kicking in as I felt his body close to mine. I was shocked and nervous, not expecting this at all, and it took me a moment to collect my thoughts and emotions.

This boy literally hates me, if he finds out that he was laying on me he would be fucking furious.

I need to get him off of me,

Now.

I hesitated a little to move him, not wanting to wake him or be too obvious about the whole situation. I gently lifted his body, feeling the warmth of his body against my own. His scent came to my nose, comforting and familiar.

Fuck, he smelled so good.

I moved Rick back to the window away from me, feeling slightly relieved to have some space between us. But my relief was quickly short-lived as his head suddenly moved back to my shoulder, and I let out a sigh of frustration. I tried to move him away again, but he seemed determined to stay this time, and I could feel his body lean against me again, his head resting securely on my shoulder.

Oh Rick Hale.

I finally gave in, letting Rick rest on me, finally resigning myself to the fact that he wasn't going to be moving again. That's when the teacher stood up with his megaphone.

"Who's hungry!?" he called out loudly, waking everyone who were sleeping up and causing a mild stir on the bus as students started to shuffle out of their seats and stretch their limbs after the long ride.

"Are we here?" A student yelled

"No, we're at a gas station." The teacher responded.

Rick yawned, finally waking up from beside me, his eyes quickly turning to me. He was so close now, less than a foot away, his breath suddenly filling my face with his scent. I felt a rush of feelings, both good and bad, as his eyes roamed across mine and a frown crossed his lips, he was clearly confused on why we were so close.

His face turned to disgust as he stood up from his seat, putting space between us once more.

"Why are you so close to me Kinsley?" He brushed himself off.