𝟖 | 𝐁𝐞𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬.

Back and forth we went exchanging small talk about the new way of life with the prisoners. Rick did most of the talking. I however, tried to control the urge to knock Tomas's mustache clean off his upper lip.

It wasn't till Tomas tried to kick us out of the prison which made me step forward involving myself again.

"Where you headed?" Tomas directed his question to Rick after seeing me cross my arms. He knew my interest was peeked. "For now nowhere."

He glancing around the yard before pointing out to the fence. "I guess you could use that corner over there by the water. Should be comfortable."

The dangerous thing about my disorder is what little control I have over it past a certain point.

Don't lose it. Don't lose it. Don't lose it.

"I wouldn't think being that close to the water would be a good idea for a burial site but if that's your last request—"

Rick cut my threat off before I could continue. "We're using that for crops." He looked over to me for a moment warning me silently to shut up.

Tomas interrupted. "We'll help move your gear out."

"That won't be necessary. We took these walkers out."
Rick waved his hand around the dead bodies. "That makes it ours. This prison is ours."

"Slow down cowboy." Tomas was surprisingly calm during this exchange.

One of the other prisoners, Andrew came forward with aggression as he placed himself ahead of Tomas.
"You snatched the locks off our doors." He held a piece of scrap he sharped at his side.

Rick already anticipated my next move. When I went to step forward his arm already was held out in front of me. "I'll gladly snatch your teeth off the ground if you don't step back."

Andrew took a step back as Tomas then tried to regain control. "We were here first." Rick shut his argument down. "Locked in a broom closet?"

As pissed as I was Rick's down playing of their situation made me chuckle. My laugh wasn't appreciated as Tomas sent a death stare over Rick's shoulder.

"We took it. Set you free. It's ours now. We spilt blood." He hissed as he too was losing his patience.

How would this work if neither one of us could be in control? Part of me begged to find out as I looked over my shoulder at Danny and T-Dog who stood ready.

Tomas shifted his weight. "We're moving back into our cell blocks."

Rick denied his request. "You'll have to get your own." Daryl's crossbow lifted from his side to rest in both hands as Tomas barked back.

"It is mine. I still have personal artifacts in there. That's as mine as it gets." He pulled his gun out from his waistline and aimed for Rick. His hands dropped to his sides allowing me to be sent to the deep end.

I truly believed my anger would prevail before anyone's but Tomas won with me in second place.

"You want to see how damn personal it can get?!"
My deep growl drew his attention from Rick.

I shoved his chest pushing him back as he stumbled. He regained his footing but not before I placed myself in the line of fire shielding Rick.

Axel leaped forward trying to stop the encounter from becoming worse as the rest of the guys surrounded us.
"We can work this out so everyone wins."

Tomas and I locked eyes again ready for round two.
"I don't see that happening."

"That's because it isn't." I firmly held his attention.

Axel tried to negotiate peace. "There's other cell blocks."

We didn't look away from each other even after the conversation continued from the everyone else.

Daryl mumbled loudly. "You can leave. Try your luck on the road." His crossbow begging to be fired as he aimed for Tomas.

Tomas didn't look convinced. Danny grew tired of the game Tomas insisted on playing. "Or we could just finish this here. You want to stand or kneel?"

Tomas looked over to him with a crazed look in his eye. It rubbed me the wrong way so I pulled his focus back to myself. "I'll make you a deal."

"And what is that?" He asked barely able to pull his eyes off Danny.

"If you choose his option," I shrugged. "I'll run inside real quick and take a piss all over cell 4's bed sheets. That way when your corpse is wrapped up all nice and tight the bugs won't disturb your beauty sleep."

T-Dog broke character as I heard him clear his throat from behind me.

We all waited as Tomas weighed the pros and cons of going against us. After he did a quick glance around his gun was tucked back under his tank top. After a few more seconds eyeing me he looked back to fellow prisoners. "If these pussies can do all this then least we could do is clear another cell block."

"With what?" Big Tiny asked.

"They'll spot us some real weapons. Won't you boss?" His tone softened as he asked looking back to me.

"How stocked is that cafeteria?" Rick asked causing me to shift my weight turning to see him.

"Gotta be plenty of food in there since five guys lasted in there a year." Danny answered for Tomas.

"Don't look like they've been starving." Daryl sarcastically commented in his deep low tone.

After an exchange of looks amongst the group Tomas finally answered giving us a shrug. "There's only a little left."

Rick nodded. "Then we'll take half. In exchange we'll help clear out a cell block. That and my brother's piss won't go near you."

Andrew lashed out. "Didn't you hear him? There's only a little left."

"Bet you've got more food than you do choices. You pay, we'll play." Rick offered the deal and then looked to me to confirm his decision.

The irritation didn't go unnoticed as Rick raised his eyebrows pleading with me silently.

I leaned my head to the side cracking my neck before making myself agree. "We help clear a block and you keep to it."

Tomas didn't spend another minute thinking about his options. "Alright." I nodded irritably.

"Let's get one thing clear though. If I catch you out here around my people or even catch a whiff of your scent, I will kill you— and I don't care about the bugs."
Rick threatened.

"Deal." Tomas said trying to hold back a grin.

Thank you for the read

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Thank you for the read.
Word count 1096

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें