Kabanata 21

KABANATA 21 

ㅤㅤㅤㅤIF TODAY’S Easton told the little him from almost four years ago that although he made a huge mess by dating Wade instead of Aaron back then and he would still end up sleeping beside his first love—on his bed, in his room, inside Aaron’s house—he’s sure as hell that the younger him would faint and squeal. Probably even celebrate.

Hanggang ngayon, iniisip pa rin ni Easton iyong nakaraan e. Sa t’wing makakasama nya si Aaron o Wade at mababanggit iyong pagkakamali nya noon, kinakain talaga siya ng konsensya. Wala lang sa kanya dati iyong ginawa pero ngayon, hinahabol-habol na siya noon.

Ewan ba nya kung bakit nya ginawa iyon.

Easton was childish—very childish. First year high school pa lang siya, noong makabangga nya si Aaron ng aksidente sa may covered court noong first day ng klase, nagkagusto kaagad siya sa binata. Ang saya pa nga nya dahil magkalapit lamang sila ng classroom noon e.

But back then, he was closeted. So he didn’t really try to pursue Aaron… and yet, as if fate was on his side and weaved a path for them to get each other’s names, Aaron lent him his english book.

“Balak ko naman talagang ibalik iyong libro sa ‘yo noon,” mahina nyang pagkausap kay Aaron nang hindi maistorbo ang tulog nito. “Kaso madalas ako maospital at nasa bahay iyong mga gamit ko. I couldn’t find a chance to return it to you. Ta’s noong nagkaroon, ‘di ko naman alam pa’no ka kakausapin kaya I acted stupid.”

Ang ending? Nasuntok siya ni Aaron sa mukha. Easton passed out there and then—sa hina ba naman ng katawan nya, e. His classmates found him laying on the ground and even suggested to report Aaron to the guidance office but he refused and explained that it was his fault.

Bumuntong hininga si Easton at sinuklay ang buhok ni Aaron. He saw his boyfriend frown and groan in his sleep, in which he found cute, so he smiled and moved closer towards Aaron—so close that he could feel his breath lightly fanning on his face.

Halos maningkit ang mga mata nya habang pinanonood ang boyfriend na matulog. Mahal na mahal nya si Aaron. He was his first love—no one came in second, not even Wade. Basta ang alam lang ni Easton, mula noong magkaisip siya at paunlakan ni Aaron ng presensya nito ang buhay nya, kay Aaron na rin umiikot ang mundo nya.

“I wonder if you knew back then that I adore you…?” he asked himself as he lightly traced Aaron’s nose. “I wonder if you ever thought that maybe, when we worked together during inter-high competitions, I was staring at you because I admired how genius you were?”

Easton also wondered if Aaron was ever curious why he dated Wade. Not that this man knew that Easton always had his eyes on him. He hadn’t told him yet, he thought. Anyway, the bottom line was—he always wondered if Aaron didn’t find it weird that he was quick to fall in love when they barely interacted and had only spent a short time together last semester.

Plus the fact that he was with Wade before he came to chase and attempted to catch Aaron’s attention (and affection).

“I wonder if you knew that I always regretted dating Wade instead of just straight up confessing to you no matter how I get rejected?” Easton heaved another sigh and pushed the strands of hair off from Aaron’s forehead. “I wonder if you knew how guilty and afraid I was when you said that you couldn’t be with me because of my mistake.”

Muntik mapatalon mula sa kinahihigaan si Easton noong bigla nyang mapansin ang pag-iiba ng ekspresyon sa mukha ni Aaron. One second, he was sleeping peacefully, then he was suddenly smirking. Para tuloy siyang nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig kasabay ng pagtakas ng kulay sa mukha nya nang makitang unti-unting nagmumulat ng mga mata ang boyfriend nya.