𝟗 | 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.

We wasted no time in moving forward. I thought it was for the best since my nerves were already fried. The last thing I wanted was Tomas making eyes with Beth again or anyone else for that matter.

The sooner we could rid ourselves of them the better.
I was sick of listening to the back and forth between the guys so I headed for the kitchen.

Tomas was right behind me. "You don't like this plan."

Looking around I noticed quite a few containers. More than a little left as they called it. "That didn't sound like a question and I know you're smarter than to try talking to me."

I glanced over my shoulder to see him turning his back to me. "Done jerking each other off? Sick of waiting back here. Your brother doesn't play well with others."

I couldn't hear any response but I'm assuming it was a yes since they all started filling in. Tomas joined me in the storage locker. "I'd love to see what this place looks like fully stocked."

Daryl came in with hatred. "This what you call a little left?" He shuffled to the other side of me to look around.

Tomas looked over his shoulder at him. "It goes fast. You guys can have a couple cans of—"

"We said half so we're taking half." Rick stated not letting him finish his 'my stick is bigger' game.

"What's in here?" Rick asked as he pulled open a door despite the prisoners telling him not to.

His face paled as he began to dry heave closing the door to their overfull makeshift bathroom.
This was going to be a long day.

General pov

General pov.

Maggie walked into her sister and Nate's cell to find Beth on the floor. She was pulling the pant leg off Hershel's pants. "Whatcha doing?"

"He's gonna have a hard time walking around with one side of his pants dragging on the ground." She paused to look up to see Maggie staring down at her. "He could trip or something."

Maggie kneeled down in front of her speaking while trying not to look so defeated. "Beth, there's a good chance he won't wake up."

"Why are you so eager to give up on him?" Beth shot back immediately. Her disbelief covered her face.

"I'm not giving up on him." Maggie responded.

"Sure sounds like it." She had to take a deep breath and figure a way to openly admit her feelings to a fragile Beth. "I don't want you to get your hopes up too high."